B2 handles

tommylurvebus

Question

Hey folks. Santa has brought me a B2. Just wondering if people are using the little short B2 handles or using 13" 1.5 handles. Noticed JB using longer handles in the promo video and also doing some pretty cool low wind stuff on you tube with 13". Are the smaller handles designed to kinda moderate inputs to the smaller kite in order to make it less twitchy in higher winds, or am I getting the physics all wrong confused_1.gif and back to front? I know there will be one or two in the community who will be happy to explain. Of coarse I will try both but its dark outside and im excited now. Seasons Greetings all. tommy

4 answers to this question

For starters I might suggest you use the shorter handles and migrate to longer handles later.

The longer handles are a bit more sensitive, however you can do more with them. tricks and etc.

I actually fly with even longer handles, however it did take a while to get used to them.

John has it right, start with the shorter handles. I have found the B2 much less forgiving with over-controling. The longer handles would make it worse, but once you get used to it.....

I have inadvertently pulled my B2 out of the sky a few times with a pair of Snagless Pro 11 inch handles due to over-control. This is not all bad, it also axles like a dream because of this characteristic.

Well, I did get onto a grey old field in not so sunny Hertfordshire yesterday with the B2.

First impressions "a plucky little kite with bags of personality". The winds were pretty top end for the standard I think, at 15mph ish.

I did take your advice Rev W and used the 11" handles flying on 90# 85ft lines. As a way of judging stark comparison I also had a B series full vent set up to grab when the wind crept up a bit.

Wow! the B2 is zippy. Guess a vented sail would have been more appropriate.

The small handles were fine and not as alien as I feared. In fact the 11" handles made perfect sense. My inputs were quickly tuned to the kite. I am a bit of a fan of throwing kites around low in the wind window, fast with lots of scheduled landings ( solo flyer of course ) the little B2 was a treat and certainly suited my style giving me a good workout . Finally to slow things a bit I stuck the B2 on a set of 120s but used 13 " handles, I loved the tight response from a kite so far away and with all that space to dart around in.

I Am looking forward to some lower winds so I can get the B2 on a 50ft line set. I can see myself moving to 13" handles for shorter lines at some point but the secret to good personal set up is "never change more than 1 thing at time" and then to "allow yourself time get to know if the change works for you".

The B2 is plenty quick enough for now.

Cheers All. tommy