New Rev

adammandes

Question

25 answers to this question

Pictures!!! Or it didn't happen. :)

It's too soon for pictures! Or didn't you see the part about still needing to choose colors?

I ordered my Shook mesh in mid-july and it wasn't ready until mid-october. Quality takes time!

Yeah, an xtra-vent would have been cheaper. But, no disrespect to Bazzer, it wouldn't look so damned fine!

here's my shook masterpiece, acquired from AKAGN auction (2007 -? I think) before officially licensed products were approved from Elliot. I had begged him to make me one, repeatedly but he didn't want to offend Rev/Ben so I asked him to donate one to the AKA (in R/W/B) instead and I'll make sure my bride picks it up. Oh the tangled webs we weave!

This mesh sail pictured is a full vent (100%-?), but the next one (I'm already in line for production,... hopefully delivery by March, for NCBF -?) will be a partial vent equal to a 60 or 70%. that means larger fabric pieces with a tighter opening in between them. I want a really unique piece created, but my bride Barbara will kick and scream loudly when that invoice is presented!

The gal in photograph that I'm teasing, we picked her up at breakfast in the hotel. She and her family accompanied us twice on kite festival excursions around Tobago. We asked the festival coordinator to provide a bus and driver as our compensation, so we could go and do whatever we wanted whenever we weren't "scheduled". I convinced the gal I could land in her outstretched hat, but really my objective was to miss entirely and land it on her shoulder. Then I could use her face (to press against the leading edge) insuring it didn't wiggle around and fall off, as it was pretty turbulent that day.

The Shook Mesh revs can handle crap wind and it's so silky smooth in a huge range of conditions besides. I've run everything from Race and tapered Skysharks to doubled leading edges sufficient to equal a 7 wrap, depending on the strength of the breeze.

You'll only be upset with that initial cost, everything else about his efforts is simply spectacular. Hey it's a masterpiece!, . . . what did you expect from Revolution?

post-92-1325246753_thumb.jpg

I'm really having a tough time figuring out what pattern I would like on my Eliot Shook vented masterpiece. I have collected lots of photos, and I think the fade is what I want but what a difficult task.

Everybody should have such problems!

Adam

I don't know what you are talking about Tim!

Hey, are you going to TI?

-Aldon

Going to miss it this year. Attending U-Make instead. Need to improve my sewing so I don't get beaten out by some carpet bagger in the future.

Sorry ... would have loved to fly with you again. How 'bout Kite Party?

Cheers,

Tom

If there were some truly demanding set of conditions, where I absolutely had to attend, MAYBE

I'd sure love to go, but it's a tough time of the year for me with the National Cherry Blossom Festival outdoors and the indoor gig at the National Air and Space Museum the week before. Dave Shenkman's gig is a free weekend either the tenth or the 17th of March. MAYBE Rich & Scottie can squeeze my bride at TI and utterly convince her of the team's need for me at Kiteparty. you don't have to pay my way, but some serious "selling" will be certainly necessitated.

post-92-132587546822_thumb.jpg

If there were some truly demanding set of conditions, where I absolutely had to attend, MAYBE

I'd sure love to go, but it's a tough time of the year for me with the National Cherry Blossom Festival outdoors and the indoor gig at the National Air and Space Museum the week before. Dave Shenkman's gig is a free weekend either the tenth or the 17th of March. MAYBE Rich & Scottie can squeeze my bride at TI and utterly convince her of the team's need for me at Kiteparty. you don't have to pay my way, but some serious "selling" will be certainly necessitated.

I will gladly and gently squeeze Barb anytime......respectfully of course.....well for me anyway!!!!

Not to take anything away from TI or SPI, Shenkman's "non festival/event" sure is a FINE TIME and should be on everyone's list!

This will be my 3rd non festival and I'm very excited!!!!!!!!!

Hi Paul....

I have to agree with Rich, as he said, "Shenkman's 'non festival/event' sure is a FINE TIME"! I really love KP. It's a beautiful location for some non kite flying action that doesn't happen blue_biggrin.gif. As for Barbara, she can join the spirit of the weekend and do some awesome "non shopping"..... the area is perfect for strolling along and perhaps "not buying" anything! kid_smartass.gif

I would love to see you both at KP. In the meantime, I'll see you both on Friday.

I was "hot" and get paid to yell thru the phone, (your tax dollars at work). It ain't all easy & pretty as a G-man. The phone receiver is undamaged, but it does fit into the wall rather snugly where it was violently delivered after I hung up. As I recall my closing statement went something like this "Hey jerk, fix this screw-up immediately or my bride will be wearing your freeze-dried nuts as earrings!"