I Need Some Advise From You

beach

Here's whats going on and I'm reaching out to you for your thoughts, earlier this year we had a bunch of "custom

B-Pros" with black centers that the printer made a mistake with the " logo " and it flakes here and there after a

bit but since then Revolution and Bazzer have fixed the problem (Bazzer did) but this leaves me with 15 all different

color B Pros that can't pass inspection....... So my question is do I sell them for say $250 each which is a big saving

for people or just destroy them cause they are not perfect and I'm looking to you the " Family " for your thoughts,

we found a problem fixed it but I really hate to destroy these B Pros for a little problem so give me both barrels

and tell me what to do and I'll do it..... Benkid_brooding.gifkid_brooding.gifkid_brooding.gif

I'm not sure I really want to know about something like this . . . . or maybe I should say that I really hope my wife doesn't find out that I found out about this situation. I'd really hate for you to destroy those B Pros. I have a feeling this community might want to save those poor, poor kites from destruction. I know I would. Especially if any of them were, say, extra vented (dibs). Or in colors that I like.

They'd also make really, really good prizes for the video contest ;-)

No kite should be destroyed because of a little imperfection . . . why I'd have to toss my whole bag!

Hi Ben,

I have a suggestion. Instead of selling them, what about using these kites to teach new young fliers... and knowing how many families cannot afford a reg priced kite, give them away to eager young fliers.. not sure about details, but a general idea.

I seem to remember a young man that was given a kite to learn on, by you ...that kite opened a whole world up to him, and changed his life and mine..

Changing the world one kite at a time.. has a nice ring to it..

My gut.. don't destroy them... there is a reason it happened.. make it a good one.

Amy

• Like 1

I suggest you print a big huge "DEMO-Not for resale" on the sail, then ship them out to all the shops for xxx.xx price and let them use them to give lessons or let people demo what these awesome kites are like.

I agree with Kent - we stores are always in need of a demo - I turned my personal 'stock' B's into store demos a year ago, and it made a huge difference in what level of Rev was good for an entry to quads OR the next kite. (I won't share/OPK my custom B except with experienced flyers.)

I've actually seen one of the original Rev 1 store demos with Demo stamped on it. Maybe in a discrete area to not hide the beautiful craftsmanship of Bazzer.

I agree with Kent - we stores are always in need of a demo - I turned my personal 'stock' B's into store demos a year ago, and it made a huge difference in what level of Rev was good for an entry to quads OR the next kite. (I won't share/OPK my custom B except with experienced flyers.)

I've actually seen one of the original Rev 1 store demos with Demo stamped on it. Maybe in a discrete area to not hide the beautiful craftsmanship of Bazzer.

Scratch my earlier post - getting the kites into the hands of people who will help build the rev community - whether it is demos for stores (as many people have suggested) or (as mousieo suggested) into the hands of kids or organizations who will use them and expand the Rev community - both of these are great ideas.

I'm presuming Bazzer's OK with you selling them / donating, etc., or you wouldn't have posted this thread in the first place (boomzilla brings up another good point);

Hi Ben,

I have a suggestion. Instead of selling them, what about using these kites to teach new young fliers... and knowing how many families cannot afford a reg priced kite, give them away to eager young fliers.. not sure about details, but a general idea.

I seem to remember a young man that was given a kite to learn on, by you ...that kite opened a whole world up to him, and changed his life and mine..

Changing the world one kite at a time.. has a nice ring to it..

My gut.. don't destroy them... there is a reason it happened.. make it a good one.

Amy

I like this. I know of a similar story ;)

I think the kites should be sold. Pictures would be good, and a breakdown on how many full-sail, mid-vent, full-vent.

I have yet to meet a person who can make out the Revolution logo on the center panel, while the kite is in flight anyways. And most can barely make it out when its stationary on the ground, from 120' away.

While a beginner will definitely grasp the basic concepts of Rev flying with a 'Pro, a kite of this caliber is wasted on beginners. The name says it all!

Sell these 'Pros. On the next production run of SLEs (with 1/4" LE wink.gif), I'll come to town and kick the printer real quick. Those would make the best trainers!

selling them for 250 is a great idea.yea the might have a flaw or too but they are kites.rev kites at that and it could be a good chance for someone that doesnt have alot of cash to enjoy what we do every day .. why not let someone who doesnt have 600 to 1000 or more have a chance to have a 1 of a kind ..dont look at this as a kite building screw up. look at it as a way to get some fliers to have a custom rev at a low cost....SELL THEM no kite shall be tossed away