3 month kite flyer gone Extreme.

oyepitsme

Hello all. I'm Scott. About 4 months ago or so I bought a cheap little 2 line kite. (Around $30) Flew it All Day Long for 3 or 4 days straight. I fell in love with kite flying immediately so I went out and bought a HQ Salsa and after about a day of that, I went on line to learn how to do more than loops. :) That's when I saw a quad line kite for the very first time in my life. (I'm 40) Well let me tell ya...I was aww struck. It was John's ( Bazaar) videos that really grabbed me...his style and what he can make the things do. I HAD TO HAVE ONE OF THEM KITES!!! Well...Sept 5 this year I bought a 1.5 but the bridal fouled up on me. ( Now that all is said and done I'm glad it did) The next day I took it back to Kitty Hawk Kites and exchanged it for a Supersonic. So it is the Supersonic that I've learned to fly on. (Poor poor kite...sorry for what I've done to you but I HAD to learn) Anyway...3 months later that kite's retired. But not before I got my Shockwave. WOW!!! I thought the Super was fun... actually it was...that's why I had to replace it with another Super last week. But anyway...oh how I love my Shockwave. I've had the time of my life since Sept 5. I'm 100% hooked! I think I've gone extreme in these last 3 months. I have videos on YouTube. My screen name is oyepitsme. I would really appreciate it if yall would check them out and tell me what you think. Also the other day I went out and got a GoPro. I got some great footage of a pit bull determine to tear my kite to shreds today. Im proud to say...my Shockwave won. :) I'm in the process of stabilizing the video at the moment. Once thats finished I wanna try some editing. Then I will post it to youtube for all to see. Anyway, I guess that's all... I just wanted to interduce myself to the kite world. Please check out my videos on youtube mainly the 1 titled an etreamly amazing kite walks on water. Thank You. Scott

Welcome! I learned on a Sonic as well, but I LOVE my B series 1.5s. Speed is fun, but there are times when precision is even more fun. So invest in a B1.5. You wont regret it.

Good to see someone else on here from an area I'm familiar with.

Welcome to the forum Scott, and to Rev flying! :)

Can't wait to see your dog footage, I love playing with them myself. <grin>

So do I. :) It really is some great footage if I do say so myself...can't wait to get it out there. I'm stabilizing the video at the moment, in premium quality. (it's literally taking hours) On my first attempt after about 4 hours into it, 1 of my cats jump on the computer and canceled it out :(( had to start all over. After that's done...I get to have my first go at video editing.(Video Pad Video Editor) I would like to add audio but Im not sure about all that...it was a feat for me figuring out how to get on this forum. :) I'm really not very smart with computers...At All!! So it may take a few days or so...really have no idea what I'm in for with this editing.

Any chance you'll be entering it in the video contest? :)

http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/5280-video-video-video-and-its-going-to-be-good/

No harm, no foul, might win some Rev schwag!

The contest is partly about editing, but mostly it's about good Rev footage that can be edited for use in a factory DVD. ;)

Welcome Scott, glad you are enjoying REVving up :kid_devlish:

And John, just realised it is YOUR fault Dogs like to chase Kites so much.

Lol...the guy that owns the dog..I think his name is John too told, me now if I'm at the beach, where I was, and I'm there daily, that if my kite is staked down and the dog sees it...shell probably get revenge. I'm sure my Supersonic would love that seeing how I can't seem to put the Shockwave down long enough too give ANY of my other 5 kites any decent airtime. :))

Wow... I had no idea there was such a contest. Yes most definitely I should be entering my videos into that contest. Btw... Can you enter more than 1 video? I really do have some good footage... Not just the dog either... Some beautiful beautiful beach footage... It's my opinion that my little spot for flying around here has got to be about the best spot in virginia... When you see it you let me know. Also...how important is the music part.... because the other day I went and bought a GoPro just for kite filming but I'm clueless to editing.

I just added the YouTube video to your post like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ntligK9BA[/media]

Way, fun video - thanks for sharing! :)

Some of my own dog footage:

After 2:14 in the video...

After :48 in the video...

FYI, to the best of my knowledge, you CAN enter more than one video into the contest. :)

Duuude . . . . . I guess you might as well start in the deep end of the pool! Great flying for someone so new to the sport. I picked up a Shockwave after I'd been flying my first standard 1.5 for a few months . . . . and let's just say it was probably three months more flying practice before I could actually fly it with decent control. So, very nice flying on your part.

I just added the YouTube video to your post like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ntligK9BA[/media]

Way, fun video - thanks for sharing! :)

Some of my own dog footage:

FYI, to the best of my knowledge, you CAN enter more than one video into the contest. :)

you are absolutly amazing!!! when im flying...i dont feel green at all. then i watch another one of your videos and am reminded just how much of a greenhorn i Really am :} thank you for the insiration you give me...its your style and what you make these things do that made me feel i HAD TO HAVE A REV

• 2 months later...

I am only 1/2 way thru your video, but at work and laughing to hard.. drawing attention...

That is some amazing flying! how long had you been flying quads at the time? Your skills do not look like a new flier! Thanks for sharing!

Hiya there...glad you enjoined the video. At that point I had been flying just under 3 mths. My 1st flight was Sept 5 and the dog video was recorded Nov 30. I'm having severe withdrawals right now because it's been almost 2 weeks since I've flown. I work on the ocean and just got back from am 11 day trip a few hours ago. Wind is calm ATM. I want to go out and fly but without wind (normally I would flight wind or not) ...I just haven't got the energy :( 10 days in a row of working 20 hours on and 6 hours off has a way of kicking your you know what. So....ima take a much needed nap and Then...A MUCH NEEDED FLIGHT! ;) Thank you for your comment. I love flying and as a rule I do so every day that I'm on land.

Hiya there...glad you enjoined the video. At that point I had been flying just under 3 mths. My 1st flight was Sept 5 and the dog video was recorded Nov 30. I'm having severe withdrawals right now because it's been almost 2 weeks since I've flown. I work on the ocean and just got back from am 11 day trip a few hours ago. Wind is calm ATM. I want to go out and fly but without wind (normally I would flight wind or not) ...I just haven't got the energy sad.gif 10 days in a row of working 20 hours on and 6 hours off has a way of kicking your you know what. So....ima take a much needed nap and Then...A MUCH NEEDED FLIGHT! wink.gif Thank you for your comment. I love flying and as a rule I do so every day that I'm on land.

I am majorly Jealous. I have not been in the air since Dec 5th and that day I only got about 4 passes with my 8m power kite as I spent the time whatching and helping my 9yr old fly my 2m for the 1st time. Gotta hook em young! Winds here have been just poor and I have no good low wind rig. Plus the few low wind days have been raining too, or like lastnight blowing 20mph and rianing 2"/hr!!

This is not Rev, but figured you guys might enjoy it, video from that last flying day.

Flying in a blue sky dream

• 2 weeks later...

I am majorly Jealous. I have not been in the air since Dec 5th and that day I only got about 4 passes with my 8m power kite as I spent the time whatching and helping my 9yr old fly my 2m for the 1st time. Gotta hook em young! Winds here have been just poor and I have no good low wind rig. Plus the few low wind days have been raining too, or like lastnight blowing 20mph and rianing 2"/hr!!

This is not Rev, but figured you guys might enjoy it, video from that last flying day.

Flying in a blue sky dream

That's awesome bud...I love it. Its a very good thing your doing by teaching him while he's still young. And he's pretty good. I'm impressed. I always say..." there's a Lot Worse things you could be doing than flying a kite" but you'd be hard pressed to find more Wholesome fun. :)

That's awesome bud...I love it. Its a very good thing your doing by teaching him while he's still young. And he's pretty good. I'm impressed. I always say..." there's a Lot Worse things you could be doing than flying a kite" but you'd be hard pressed to find more Wholesome fun. :)

Hey I just wanted to say I've added a couple JBs to my collection and I absolutely love em. All who suggested I try these kites were sooooo right. ;)