5th annual West Coast Rev Clinic

KiteLife

Dunno if you've considered it, but August is WSIKF - 7 days of flying and about the most rev pilots and teams as you get in one place and time .... better bang for buck.

I've spoken with JB about it and I would be doing WSIKF instead, but it's too late in the year and I won't be able to attend.

Seriously tempted - What would be the best (international) airport to come in to? I'm guessing Portland Intl?? And what are the transport links like to get from there (or a n other recommended airport) to the Long Beach area?? Thanks

Closest airport to Long Beach is Portland, then it's about a 3 hour drive to Long Beach from there.

Well if I can get a ride, then I should be good to go. You should have my email about your offer and what I'm trying to get done, if you have any further suggestions then let me know.

Picking you up from the airport is not a problem, and I have no doubt that we can fit you in a car headed to Long Beach. I'll probably be full up, traditionally carrying John and TK plus luggage, but I know I'm not the only one in Portland area heading there. If need be, we can always strap Johnny to the roof of the car kid_devlish.gif

Well if I can get a ride, then I should be good to go. You should have my email about your offer and what I'm trying to get done, if you have any further suggestions then let me know.

I'm looking to get in on Thursday (or even Wed if it's easier on logistics) so I can get some decent sleep before the clinic - no point in spending 36 odd hours traveling there to learn stuff and being a zombie on the beach. Friday's informal day will give JB and the others time to evaluate where I'm at and provide any tuning to existing skills so that I'm all set to maximise my time during the official clinic.

:) e-mail sent.

so maybe you should fly into PDX on Wednesday....and have all day Thursday to catch up on jet lag and time zone change.

John, I know I missed the one last March but I'm signed up for this one. Yes, I'm bringing my rain gear so I won't have to buy a new set like I did a few years ago. I'm looking forward to great pizza at Chico's for Saturday night. :blue-cool:

Be aware that Chico's is for sale! :(

Of course, it is still operating now... but keep your finger's crossed that new owners do not change it too much before the Clinic.

P.S. at this sign-up rate, I'd better get off the fence!

I'm looking to get in on Thursday (or even Wed if it's easier on logistics) so I can get some decent sleep before the clinic - no point in spending 36 odd hours traveling there to learn stuff and being a zombie on the beach. Friday's informal day will give JB and the others time to evaluate where I'm at and provide any tuning to existing skills so that I'm all set to maximise my time during the official clinic.

You know . . . . if you're going to fly 36 hours . . . Kite Party 2012 is down in LA the weekend before the clinic, if I read the calendar correctly. After 36 hours from Durban, 3 hours on a plane up the west coast to PDX is a cakewalk. I'm sitting here contemplating a "west coast tour" covering both weekends, but I don't think my wife will let me get away with a whole week away from home for kite flying (plus I have that "work" thing to think about). I probably have to choose between Treasure Island OR Kite Party OR WCRC . . . and if things go like they did this year work-wise, I'll get to none of the three. I also have a feeling by the time I make a decision . . . all the spaces will be gone. They are going FAST!!!!!!

Dropped the hammer on the registration .... Guess it's best not to stop and wonder what I've gotten myself into now B)

@mousieo

You may as well jump in, the list of folks looking to abuse the native is growing longer by the minute :wacko:

post-2-132092349095_thumb.gif

Not enough SLEs in the world, you'll still be outnumbered. :)

I'm from africa boet (look it up) ... outnumbered but rarely outgunned. :devil:

(he says packing the SLEs from the Blasts and Power Blast)

In the mean time, you long may want to spend some time learning some proper english so that we can communicate - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_African_slang_words