Global Rev Count.

Fraserx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmm. Looks like the last time I remembered to post in here was late 2011, when I got my Shook 100%. Since then, I've added the masterpiece challenge Burkhardt, a Bazzer Dragons, a Dean Jordan masterpiece, and an xtra-vent. Which may or may not be all of the Revs I've gotten since 2011. But it's a start. Think that's +4 to 22.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Keep posting. I've updated the list through this point. I show 2602 Revs between 299 flyers. I never cease to be amazed at the average of nearly 8 3/4 Revs per flyer. Keep the posts coming. I will keep the bulk list updated (number of kites/number of flyers) while I am working on the categorized list that will show the total numbers of each model and a breakdown by flyer if the flyer desires.

• Like 1

Is the master list no longer the first post of this thread? It doesn't look very up to date (and I'm not even on there yet).

@dragonfish - The whole system of keeping track, is currently being re-vamped. It will eventually be updated to take into account all of the new entries, and as I understand it, WE, the users/members, will be responsible for entering our own (correct) data, which will be automatically tabulated. I may be wrong, but in my communications with Barton (who has taken on this task), this is my general understanding.

All along, there have been posts, advising us to continue updating our totals, AND, there is a note, back in the initial post, at the top of the list, to this effect - "*list is updated on occasion, the last post included in totals is #1841 in this thread, by makatakam.", and that post (#1841), is dated July 27th, 2012.

I believe this project has taken a bit more time, than was initially expected, but I have all confidence that it will eventually be completed, and it will be great...........just continue posting updates, as you've been doing in the past, and they will end up in the total count, upon completion.

@Barton.........if I've mis-stated anything, please correct me............I know you've got your hands full ani_victory.gif

• Like 1

Keep posting. I've updated the list through this point. I show 2602 Revs between 299 flyers. I never cease to be amazed at the average of nearly 8 3/4 Revs per flyer. Keep the posts coming. I will keep the bulk list updated (number of kites/number of flyers) while I am working on the categorized list that will show the total numbers of each model and a breakdown by flyer if the flyer desires.

Phew! I'm above average! I don't know if I should be concerned or excited,.. Another kite might help.

• Like 1

@dragonfish - The whole system of keeping track, is currently being re-vamped. It will eventually be updated to take into account all of the new entries, and as I understand it, WE, the users/members, will be responsible for entering our own (correct) data, which will be automatically tabulated. I may be wrong, but in my communications with Barton (who has taken on this task), this is my general understanding.

All along, there have been posts, advising us to continue updating our totals, AND, there is a note, back in the initial post, at the top of the list, to this effect - "*list is updated on occasion, the last post included in totals is http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/531-global-rev-count/page__view__findpost__p__89256'>#1841 in this thread, by makatakam.", and that post (#1841), is dated July 27th, 2012.

I believe this project has taken a bit more time, than was initially expected, but I have all confidence that it will eventually be completed, and it will be great...........just continue posting updates, as you've been doing in the past, and they will end up in the total count, upon completion.

@Barton.........if I've mis-stated anything, please correct me............I know you've got your hands full :ani_victory:

You are correct on all counts, Nick. I do not have moderator access to the forum, yet, so I can't update the master list on the first post. I am keeping up with the totals offline. Once I have mod access, I will keep the master list updated on the first post. John is busy at Seaside, so he may not be able to do that until after this week.

I am working on a new system where number and type of each rev will be kept. There will be an option for each flyer to post a link to their individual collection. I am not a programmer, so this is going a little slowly. I am also going back through the nearly 100 pages on this thread and collecting the available data on numbers and types so that the new system will start at the same point as what we have now.

You are correct on all counts, Nick. I do not have moderator access to the forum, yet, so I can't update the master list on the first post. I am keeping up with the totals offline. Once I have mod access, I will keep the master list updated on the first post. John is busy at Seaside, so he may not be able to do that until after this week.

And just to double check....(for now)........THE CORRECT FORMAT, FOR ADDING OF REMOVING A REV IS:

USERNAME +/- # (total)

USERNAME ........... is your username, that you go by on the forum

+/- # ........................ is the number of Revs that you are adding to, or subtracting from, your total

(total) ...................... is the total number of Revs, that you now own, after adding to, or subtracting from, your previous total

And no need for any other narrative, or descriptive terms - is that correct ?

Nick - I think you are correct on that, but I also think Barton want to categorize types too!! If we only put totals on our post, how does the type of Rev figure in?

Not sure Wayne, but I thought that I remembered John trying to get that format established, some time back. All he wanted was raw data. That's why I added in the (for now), in my previous post.

I suppose you are correct, to some extent, but regardless, I think that it is Barton's intention, that WE, as the users, will add all the descriptive data, such as size, type, etc., somewhere down the road, and no one (administrator) will have to go through, hunting and pecking, trying to figure out what we actually got. I'm guessing you will have to go in and classify/identify your own kites, once the new system is complete. There are just too many entries out there, that don't have anything, other than the raw data [ username +/-# (total) ] that John originally asked for. At this time, I'm thinking that they (?) are keeping up with only the numbers, which we will be able to access, later, and be allowed to add in a description or classification or something. No way anyone could go through all the old posts, and make note of all the comments, etc, that have been made............

But I'm just speculating..................Barton will let us know soon enough.....I'm sure...........ani_victory.gif

Whatever, this has got to be an enormous undertaking, but I think it will be worth the wait.

For this thread, the general Global Rev Count, the "user +\- # (total)" is all that I need in order to keep the current list up to date. I personally enjoy seeing the details of the transactions and, yes, will use the rev type information as I build the new database. So from an administrative standpoint, please use that format to report your totals, but please continue to include the narratives and descriptions also if you wish.