Global Rev Count.

Fraserx

Since my collection seems to be growing ....

1.5 SLE in red/black with black center

1.5 B-series full vent in red/black

Indoor Rev in red/white/black

1.5 B-series in red/grey

Since I now have 2 full sails I can start flying team with my girlfriend, so I'm hoping to win the June Rev on kitelife.com so that I don't have to buy another vented innocent.gif

Hopefully my street skills get better and better so I don't need to buy a Zen, and hopefully I don't come across a Bazzer Double Dragon for sale or I'm really in trouble.

What do all of you with over 10 Revs do with them all???

you occasionally let one go to some deserving soul who looks like they could use a REV upgrade! I only carry one bag, but change it's contents to match the conditions I'm expecting that trip.

It usually has two Rev2 with 3 piece race frames trained together, a Zen, a full suite of three Pro 1.5 B-series, two Old Glories, one Bazzer Flame, one all black mid-vent SLE, one rainbow 1.5 SLE and one SUL b-series.

The second bag contains a Gibian 1.5 Masterpiece, a Blast, Shockwave and Supersonic (speed series kites), two indoor Revs, a custom kite called the "x-wing" by Jeff Irons, a couple of Go fly joel Schultz knockoffs and some kites I built myself called "tirips" (in honor of the Spirit upon which they are based). I also carry one of Dave Ashworth's 1.5 Orcon-sail indoor kites and some skate stuff out of Focus Kites. There's a BAcktracker in there somewhere, as that was my first quad. And a 13 colonies patriotic Rev 1 (No.7 I think).

My offspring has 1/2 dozen of old style SLE Revs (he currently lives in Atlanta), a couple of full sails and a couple of full vents and couple of hacked-up custom mini vents.

Then I have a hard-sided, double golf club SKB case that holds 20 mini-revs in various configurations,.. the 14 largest ones have a 42 inch leading edge (Harold Ames) and the rest are 36 inch leading edge (Paul Dugard). They are trained together as six pack stacks. Fun to fly but almost abusive to transport, nothing breaks down and it's fricken huge!

Awww man, you're killing me Tom.... getting on me with a technicality or some word play....LOL. Okay, Jonesy has 15 per post #1.... twist my arm Tom, I need to get another dozen blue_biggrin.gif to keep up with the Jonesyies.

John, that can go eather way. Let me see how that B Series flies with (cough cough) me at the reigns, and I'll get back with you on who owes who!

8.9 kites per pilot... I gotts some catchin up to do

that is an average, He isn't taking into consideration that some people have lots of kites. There are some people I've never seen the same kite twice. Or some that change kites every hour. As far as I'm conserned, four is a very good number;one indoor, one full-vent, one mid-vent, one full-sail. And if you don't like flying indoor three is enough.

Edited by Laurel of MelnSct

4 might be all you want to cover the wind ranges....

Parish the thought Baloo, what about those times that you just gotta have it, you know,, The Need For Speed! :w00t: Have to have that Super Sonic or Shock Wave, maybe even that original Blast. Then there are those days that you just need a real "pick me up" tail dragging just a little too much so you get out the 4~8 stack and give your arms a stretch. :devil: Let's just face it, we want and need them all. Now if only I could convince my bank account of that.:blue-confused:

Parish the thought Baloo, what about those times that you just gotta have it, you know,, The Need For Speed! :w00t: Have to have that Super Sonic or Shock Wave, maybe even that original Blast. Then there are those days that you just need a real "pick me up" tail dragging just a little too much so you get out the 4~8 stack and give your arms a stretch. :devil: Let's just face it, we want and need them all. Now if only I could convince my bank account of that.:blue-confused:

I was trying to piont out what we want and what we need are different things.

We all WANT enough (3) to fly in most winds. (5 if you add a SUL and Indoor)

We all NEED at least 2 of each Rev, and 2 ses of Rods for each, with 2 linsets for each length. We NEED 2 of each just in case One breaks, heck, lets make it 3 of each, just in case we have a REAL bad Day. Or of course we might need to lend a couple of each out to get others hooked on "The Dark Side"

We all NEED at least 2 of each Rev, and 2 ses of Rods for each, with 2 linsets for each length. We NEED 2 of each just in case One breaks, heck, lets make it 3 of each, just in case we have a REAL bad Day. Or of course we might need to lend a couple of each out to get others hooked on "The Dark Side"

This gives me an idea. We need a "used rev lot". You know, surrounded by lines with a bunch of triangle (or Rev shaped) pennants hanging from them, where a guy with loud plaid pants and a cheesy mustache tries to talk you into that barely torn kite with the cracked leading edge "but it handles like the day it left the factory"

The red logo on a REV I Classic is quite rare! The only time I recall seeing it was a "Rising Sun" REV I, destine for Japan and I vaguely recall someone posting a photo of another REV I with a red logo. I seem to recall it was all black.

If you can tell us a bit more about your REV I, I can tell you fairly close to when it was made.

Does it have "Patent Pending" or a patent number on it?

Does it have metal end caps with rubber caps over them or does it have plastic end caps?

Is the bridle set for equal length lines or lines upper and lower lines of different lengths of about 7 inches.

patent pending, and a #, red lettering on a black patch.

Plastic end caps like i've seen on all my others.

bottom tow point about 1", top tow points about 7"long, probably about 200# bridle line.

Big blue bag looks like an 8' dualie would fit in it, with a mesh line pocket on the bottom of bag.

SLE , and 1/4" veticals. Gold "revolution equipped" rods..

Thanks John.

patent pending, and a #, red lettering on a black patch.

Plastic end caps like i've seen on all my others.

bottom tow point about 1", top tow points about 7"long, probably about 200# bridle line.

Big blue bag looks like an 8' dualie would fit in it, with a mesh line pocket on the bottom of bag.

SLE , and 1/4" veticals. Gold "revolution equipped" rods..

Thanks John.

This one appears to have been modified from it's original manufactured state.

Details of some manufacturing changes in 1991 and 1992:

- Patent Pending was changed to the patent number in 1991.

- End caps were changed from metal to plastic in 1992.

- bridle changed from two different length lines to equal length lines in 1992. The first had swivels for attaching lines.

- bag is obviously from another kite. The original was blue but only around 42-45" long with a draw string.

- 1/4 inch LE rods changed from outer metal ferrules to inner ferrule in 1992.

- SLE rods where first produced in 1997.

In summary the sail was made between 1989 and 1991. Several changes appear to have been made after the original manufacturing of the rest of the REV.

I was trying to piont out what we want and what we need are different things.

We all WANT enough (3) to fly in most winds. (5 if you add a SUL and Indoor)

Either you have toooo much cash laying around or you are hopelessly in debt!!:bones: Between my son and I, we have 4 Revs, a I, II, a 1.5 vented, and if you count it a Backtracker! Only have a couple of linesets and only one extra LE. If you have extra cash would love to have more kites, rods, and lines!!:devil: Did you hit the lottery???confused_1.gif Just adding to the count!!!

Edited by stroke victim

that is an average, He isn't taking into consideration that some people have lots of kites. There are some people I've never seen the same kite twice. Or some that change kites every hour. As far as I'm conserned, four is a very good number;one indoor, one full-vent, one mid-vent, one full-sail. And if you don't like flying indoor three is enough.

I know.. honestly I would love to have a full or mid vent and an indoor to round out my flying fun... but dreaming is always fun.... :D

You and your blast in Kenosha!!! my wife is still hiding the check book from me :kid_brooding: