Global Rev Count.

Fraserx

Just getting the gears turning and couldn't figure out how many I had so I had to put them down on paper. Looks like my total is 42 Rev's but I think I am missing one or two more somewhere. Now I gotta go out and dig through some stacks to find out what I am missing......

Maybe I can work a deal out with Ben on that original Nagal he he he he he

Hey guys,

Those are pretty impessive numbers for individual collections. I can't even come close to that. My only chance to even be able to sit at the table with you guys is to pull out one of the original prototypes that I happen to have. The reason why I remember this prototype in particular is that I remember the first time I flew it.

It was a beautiful, sunny, windy Saturday afternoon on a Clairmont High School baseball field in the hills above Mission Bay, here in San Diego.

This isn't the best flying field in town, but it is one of the more secluded, and at that time, I was being very careful about who I would let see what I was working on. Now keep in mind, I knew what the kite was supposed to do. By this time I had been working on the design for over a year, but for this prototype we were working on sail proportions, handle size, and kite and structure weight. I think the kite is about 12 ft. long, 1 ft. high, and is made with a dark blue mylar coated ripstop, like 3 ounce.... but beggers can't be choosers. We got the material free from a friend of ours that worked at North Sails here in San Diego... Any way, I launched the kite straight up to the top, rolled it over and started my death defying dive to the ground ... The ultimate Revolution test. I hit the brakes six inches off the ground, and the kite stopped so fast I knew I must have hit the ground. I stood there looking at the motionless kite trying to figure out what had happened. I figured the handle length proportions were wrong and the kite hadn't stopped before hitting the ground. That's OK, I figured, That's what testing is for. Out of disbelief I rolled the kite over and flew it back to the top. I rolled it over and rocketed straight down again... this time, I was sure to stop it short of the ground...BOOM. Just like before, it stopped like it hit a rock! Only this time I could see it was hovering motionlessly above the ground! I had never imagined it would respond that sharply. I dropped the handles, ran across the field, and jumped the 10 ft. fence. Called my brother Jim from the phone booth and told him he needed to come see this kite fly...he wouldn't believe it!

Let me know if you guys are interested in seeing a picture of the kite.

Joe Hadzicki, Revolution Kites

Let me know if you guys are interested in seeing a picture of the kite.

Joe Hadzicki, Revolution Kites

Joe, that is great history! I sure would like to see a photo of that experiment.

Maybe we need to start a thread on Revolution History and let Joe and others tell us all about the past.

Joe, that is great history! I sure would like to see a photo of that experiment.

Maybe we need to start a thread on Revolution History and let Joe and others tell us all about the past.

Um... yes... I for one, would love to know the intimate history of the fabric flying things that have changed my life and have become my obsession..

Joe, please feel free to reminisce at length about all things Rev...

Looks like my total is 42 Rev's but I think I am missing one or two more somewhere.

BTW guys and gals, Kent is the evil do-er who got me into this mess... by making this incredibly simple statement..

"If you want to fly something cool, get a Rev"

Little did I know the end result... And just because I have 12, does not mean that I am anywhere near stopping yet... I got stacks to figure out next...

4 here:

(1) 1.5 SLE

(1) Blast

(1) Indoor

(1) B

The indoor arrived today, I just returned from my first go at it. This will take some time.

The B arrived yesterday, it was a gift for the girlfriend...it left for France today :(

jd

I got 3 more revs you can add. An EXP, a Shockwave and a B-series that arrived earlier this week :rolleyes: . I only started flying kites 8 months ago and i own 3 revs and 3 other kites. At the rate that this poll is growing, revs will be taking over the world soon :rolleyes: .