Global Rev Count.

Fraserx

I'm new to the forum and have 4 rev's. 1 rev2- 1rwb indoor- one homemade 1.5 and one homemade 1.5 out of orcon for indoor. I have some catching up to do as someone told me that a rev flier has on average 11 revs. And by last count the average is on track.

I picked up my Mid-Vent today w00t! :D

It far exceeded my expectations. This is a kite every serious Rev Head needs! :kid_devlish:

Thanks to Steve and Ben for making it all possible.

post-1987-1212297094_thumb.jpg

That puts me at:

1 SLE (with 2 Wrap frame)

1 SLE Vented (with 4 Wrap frame)

1 Rev II

1 Rev II Vented

1 B-Series full sail

1 B-Series Mid-Vent

1 B-Series Vented

I think you can count one more Sedgwick :)

Good point T,

I need a couple more spars to be able to put ALL my kites in the air at the same time though. I have robbed a couple out of my OLD Rev 1 so that I can use all the new sails. Not sure if JB will count it in.

Put me down for a Blast 2-4 in a cool black and white,makeing its way across the water as we speak

Oh dear. I see you have been infected by revolutionitis too. You know where to come to for treatment ;)

Interesting that you decided to buy from the US as well. It seems to be the quickest way to get a rev in the UK these days. Odd

Put me down for a Blast 2-4 in a cool black and white,makeing its way across the water as we speak

Fenman ... excellent purchase .. mine has been the kite of choice for the last week, awesome in the light .... got mine from the States too ...soooooo much cheaper and quicker ironically!

Let me know when it arrives and I'll meet you at Dunstable or somewhere midway for a 'blast off' .... :)

got mine from the States too ...soooooo much cheaper and quicker ironically!
I know it is about the same price if you factor in the duty and VAT, which you may well get away with as HMRC don't land on every purchase (or more strictly DHL don't land on every purchase). But is it really quicker? It stands to reason that if ordered something off the shelf Rev could get it to the UK supplier (to onward ship to you) faster than some US retailer could order from rev then onward ship to the UK themselves

I only ask because I about to put in an oder, and if it is as quick, and potentially cheaper, to order from the US then guess which way my money is going.

I know it is about the same price if you factor in the duty and VAT, which you may well get away with as HMRC don't land on every purchase (or more strictly DHL don't land on every purchase). But is it really quicker? It stands to reason that if ordered something off the shelf Rev could get it to the UK supplier (to onward ship to you) faster than some US retailer could order from rev then onward ship to the UK themselves

I only ask because I about to put in an oder, and if it is as quick, and potentially cheaper, to order from the US then guess which way my money is going.

If its in stock in the UK no question its quicker/preferable and I'm all in favour of supporting our local suppliers ..... so B's and 1.5's etc but anything special, expensive or not stock seems to be quicker to get direct from across the pond ...... of course the price depends on how you get it here, I have used friends as 'kite mules' to bring stuff back as well as carriers and if you do end up paying duty any price benefit is negligible....

you pays your money .......

We usually put a joint order together from our pal out ther.Helps share the postage and if you can also throw in a few other bits and bobs,rods,line,etc,etc,.Along with two kites each for say,four mates.You will save,thats a fact.

The quickest ive had a BOX sent,door 2 door,is five working days.That was just some line i wanted.The kites as a rule take around 10 days with standard usps postage then on with Parcel Force here .If HMS Money grab doesnt stop the box.If the box is stopped you can add another 3 to 5 days on the delivery and thers the duty/tax/handleing costs to pay.

If i wanted just one kite.Lets say a Gold B series and thats all i wanted.Kiteworld is defo the way to go.Ther great to deal with and have set the standard over here for years.Thers also little risks,damage,loss,no duty,infact.Ive ordered a kite at dinner with them and had it flying after breakfast the day after.

AS SAID,,,YOU PAYS YR MONEY AND TAKES YR CHOICE

BRIAN...

Baloo - +3 (13)

mbkite - +2 (4)

kitefantex - 2 (factory kites only)

steveb - +1 (7)

Love2fly - +4 (5)

Fenman - +1 (4)

TAKAKO - 10

(revised personal total)

==

1,449 Revs between 131 pilots!

New average, 11.06 Revs per person. ;)

If i wanted just one kite.Lets say a Gold B series and thats all i wanted.Kiteworld is defo the way to go.Ther great to deal with and have set the standard over here for years.Thers also little risks,damage,loss,no duty,infact.Ive ordered a kite at dinner with them and had it flying after breakfast the day after.
Yes, when they have it in stock their service is second to none. All the kites I have had from them have been next day.

If you want something that is not in stock though it seems to take anywhere between one and three months. Which makes the US option rather more attractive at 2 weeks! Especially if there is a potential cost saving or at worst a small cost premium if the taxman Cometh!

Baloo - +3 (13)

mbkite - +2 (4)

steveb - +1 (7)

Love2fly - +4 (5

Fenman - +1 (4)

TAKAKO - 10

(revised personal total)

==

Great ,so thats only another 7 revs to go then i can be MR Average ;)

Let me know when it arrives and I'll meet you at Dunstable or somewhere midway for a 'blast off' .... :)

No worrys there Jonesey,sounds like a Blast to me mate

Oh dear. I see you have been infected by revolutionitis too. You know where to come to for treatment ;)

No Sailor I feel i have this well under control,,I only have 1 bag half full of revs, :kid_devlish: and a empty bag beside it

Baloo - +3 (13)

mbkite - +2 (4)

steveb - +1 (7)

Love2fly - +4 (5)

Fenman - +1 (4)

TAKAKO - 10

(revised personal total)

==

Goodness, I am above average with something at last :kid_content:

Add one superblast to my count.

Just need less crowded place to learn :D

Good to meet you today Jade, glad it was a worthwhile trip and I even managed to get back without detection! anyway welcome to the superblast club... when Fenman gets his we should organise a meet up.

I'm also pleased to announce that I have finally taken delivery of my Vented Supersonic so Chalk me up with another one please John.

(still waiting on delivery of Progressive stack and Ninja Eyes to get me to the 'average' of 11.. but not in my bag yet so not counting them)

Jonesey + 1