Washinton

syntaks

I know I could have added this to the Seattle thread, but Seattle is a ways off so...

Anyone in the area around Auburn, Kent, Covington that flies regularly?

We just moved down from Alaska this month and I'm seriously in withdrawl. Problem is I like to fly with other people more than by myself, so if there's anyone in the area, let me know.

Syn has pretty much abandoned flying when it doesn't involve her 2-4 or 4-8 pulling her around on her skis, so I need to find other fliers to hang out with. My schedule is open...lol

If I have to I'll drive up to seattle every day but there HAS to be someone around here.

--TaK

Welcome to Washington State! We need to meet up some time so I can show you Kitehenge. The Kent and Auburn area (my old stomping grounds and where I grew up) has the problem of lots of people, not enough parks, and the parks there have lots of trees and too many people using them. Chambers Creek Central Meadow (Kitehenge) is in University Place, just south of the Narrows Bridge. Marymoore Park, Redmond, Gas Works Park, north end of Lake Union, and Magnuson Park (Kite Hill) in Seattle on lake Washington) are a couple other semi famous kite places. You may be able to find a school soccer field or neighborhood park that you can fly in. There is always the 3 hour drive to the coast......... :P

Welcome to Washington State! We need to meet up some time so I can show you Kitehenge. The Kent and Auburn area (my old stomping grounds and where I grew up) has the problem of lots of people, not enough parks, and the parks there have lots of trees and too many people using them. Chambers Creek Central Meadow (Kitehenge) is in University Place, just south of the Narrows Bridge. Marymoore Park, Redmond, Gas Works Park, north end of Lake Union, and Magnuson Park (Kite Hill) in Seattle on lake Washington) are a couple other semi famous kite places. You may be able to find a school soccer field or neighborhood park that you can fly in. There is always the 3 hour drive to the coast.........

Yeah...believe it or not, I'm tempted to make that drive. We found a park (Lake Meridian) in Covington (Kent) that looks kind of promising, but, again, no other rev fliers there.

The park at Lake Meridian can get very crowded on nice days. I haven't been there in years, but I do not remember there being very much space for sport kites. Ask any of the iQuad guys, they will tell ya Kitehenge is a great place to fly, for a planned outing. The drive to Kitehenge is really not that far, about 45 minutes from Covington. I will PM my cell number, text or call if you would like to meet up there sometime!

Here is a good web site for wind conditions at Chambers Creek Golf Course:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/hourbyhour/1572501:5

Look for winds at or above 5mph, otherwise it is really light wind conditions...... :sign_kitelife:

If you are headed to the Long Beach area, drop me a PM.

If you have an RV and need parking space, drop me a PM.

Would love to fly with you, SynTaks, but I know the coast is not terribly convenient for you.

My experience with inland winds (Chehalis/Centralia area) is that they are 95% unusable - with a rare decent kite wind. It might be better in the Kent area.

The Chambers bay site is on the sound and with westerly (SW, W, NW) winds should be much more attractive. I have flown there a few times (beautiful environment) but did not sync up with any other fliers. It is probably your best bet.

I know I could have added this to the Seattle thread, but Seattle is a ways off so...

Anyone in the area around Auburn, Kent, Covington that flies regularly?

We just moved down from Alaska this month and I'm seriously in withdrawl. Problem is I like to fly with other people more than by myself, so if there's anyone in the area, let me know.

Syn has pretty much abandoned flying when it doesn't involve her 2-4 or 4-8 pulling her around on her skis, so I need to find other fliers to hang out with. My schedule is open...lol

If I have to I'll drive up to seattle every day but there HAS to be someone around here.

--TaK

Hi Tak!

Yes, by all means...try to get to Chambers Bay. It is your best bet for a local flying field.

AND...we need to get you on the PCKA, WKA and NWSKL e-mailing lists! They are great to keep you up to speed on what's happening!

http://pcka.info/

http://www.nwskl.org/

Like:

Willy please forward:

As the weather turns for the cold and wet don't stop flying, hone those flying skills indoor. Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from Labor day threw Memorial day (excluding December) we have an open gym time to fly indoor. This is a great time to come together, learn from others and learn what else you did not know your kite can do. Be it single, dual, or quad line there is always something to learn.

I will PM the contact info to you :)