Video, video, video, and it's going to be good.....

beach

Here's what I'm thinking and wanted to run it by the Family and get your input....confused_1.gifI want people to put

together a 3 or 4 minute high action video with music and Rev flying, you know with dive stops and fast

action team flying and just build a really cool FAST ACTION video and then have say 3 judges

of my choice decide who takes first, second, and third , then award say a custom B-Pro to the winner or

maybe even some cash but make it a real cool prize for the winners..... Then use some of the cuts in the

new up coming store demo DVD which is sent out world wide and yes you will get credit for the video

and your stuff will be seen world wide, plus it's been a while since we played and I gave away a anything.

So I'm perfectly clear it's got to be Revolution products not some homemade stuff and it's got to be attention getting footage and Revolution has your permission to use the clips..... So are you guys game

cause I know you all have some really cool video clips...... Ben

Editor's note, clarified guidelines:

1. All video submissions for this contest should be a maximum of 10 minutes in length, this makes it attainable for everyone, and it will assure "the best shots" are used.
  2. All video submissions should also be uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube, otherwise the judges will not be able to review them (geographical limitations).
    (YouTube allows you to set a "private - viewable only with direct URL" option during upload)
  3. MOV (quicktime) format is ideal, if at all possible, it's most versatile for commercial editing down the road.
  4. Videos should be retained in their original, highest resolution and frame rate for Revolution use.
  5. The full size version of your video should be accessible to Rev by data DVD or CD mailing.
  6. Uploaded videos should be at a minimum resolution of 1280(x720 or whatever).
  7. All submissions may be used by Rev, although the winners will receive prizes.
  8. DEADLINE is December 10th, 2011.

I'm going to go out on a limb for Ben here in clarifying the following items:

1. All videos may be uploaded to YouTube for display here, with the full size video being accessible to Rev by CD mailing.

2. All submissions should be filmed in HD (high def = 1280 or better), since they'll be for DVD release.

3. All submissions may be used by Rev, although the winners will receive prizes.

If I'm off on any of this, I'm sure Ben will correct me.

John do you live in my head cause bro you always seem to finish the sentence for me..... So as John

said thats the game plan utube and a DVD for Revolution and you can make it team or solo or what

ever you want cause I just want to give some things away, plus I got some REALLY cool ideas for

sweetening the pot on this deal so don't believe this is just going to be for a kite....kid_devlish.gif I'm figuring

to have the Family vote and then go to the 3 guys who have done lots and who are a part of Revolution

history, 1. Lee Sedgwick 2. Alan Nagao 3. John B. (unless he submits a video then his vote goes to ME)....

1. All videos may be uploaded to YouTube for display here, with the full size video being accessible to Rev by CD mailing.

2. All submissions should be filmed in HD (high def = 1280 or better), since they'll be for DVD release.

3. All submissions may be used by Rev, although the winners will receive prizes.

Deadline is going to be Dec. 10ths so this way I can say it's your Christmas presentkid_devlish.gifkid_devlish.gif

Nice, can't wait to see the submissions, happy to help judge. :)

Bring it on guys, show us what you got!

One more question Ben, just to clarify... Should the person flying in the video be the prize winner, or is this an *editing* contest too? My feeling is that it should to the flier. ;)

Oh, and I assume we'll favoring long clips (1-4 minutes in length) within the video, as opposed to lots of small edited clips, right?

Sounds like a great idea, the timing could have been more user friendly for this part of the country when the beaches and parks was still open, I even remember sunshine, now the usual weather is a mix of rain and snow and the beaches are covered with dead fish and driftwood.

Not too camera friendly time of the year for something as bright as a Revolution kite.

Thanks for all the claryficacions :)

May i suggest vimeo instead of youtube? Not only because it has better quality than yt in all aspects, including stereo sound vs mono sound, but also because it will save everyone the CD step as vimeo let you download the original uncompressed file. Just a suggestion of course.

Seeing the deadline in december it may let me round up something for this :)

Rob

Thanks for all the claryficacions smile.gif

May i suggest vimeo instead of youtube? Not only because it has better quality than yt in all aspects, including stereo sound vs mono sound, but also because it will save everyone the CD step as vimeo let you download the original uncompressed file. Just a suggestion of course.

Seeing the deadline in december it may let me round up something for this smile.gif

Rob

I agree with the use of Vimeo. You Tube is still doing screwy things with Warner Music Group music. I just uploaded a video to YouTube and had the sound blocked. This could be a stumbling block. If you spend a lot time putting something together and then find out you run into the old problems fromWMG and Youtube. I don't think you have that problem with Vimeo. I have just uploaded the video there that was rejected for YouTube WMG problems.

http://vimeo.com/30983808

John

This is Ben's show, but I don't think it much matters to him where it's posted, as long as he can get the raw footage afterward.

Especially, the music is probably irrelevant, since they'll need to use their own royalty-free or licensed music for the DVD anyway. ;)

John is right post it where ever works for you just so long as we have footage, the prize

will go to the flier or the person who puts it together as in team stuff, and your correct

on the music thing also John..... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

PS Don't make me bring out the tank....

post-35-131944108792_thumb.jpg

post-35-131944110915_thumb.jpg

post-35-131944113228_thumb.jpg

post-35-131944114312_thumb.jpg

Here's what I'm thinking and wanted to run it by the Family and get your input....confused_1.gifI want people to put

together a 3 or 4 minute high action video with music and Rev flying, you know with dive stops and fast

action team flying and just build a really cool FAST ACTION video and then have say 3 judges

of my choice decide who takes first, second, and third , then award say a custom B-Pro to the winner or

maybe even some cash but make it a real cool prize for the winners..... Then use some of the cuts in the

new up coming store demo DVD which is sent out world wide and yes you will get credit for the video

and your stuff will be seen world wide, plus it's been a while since we played and I gave away a anything.

So I'm perfectly clear it's got to be Revolution products not some homemade stuff and it's got to be attention getting footage and Revolution has your permission to use the clips..... So are you guys game

cause I know you all have some really cool video clips...... Ben

Are Revs under license from Revkites (like these ones:

http://www.polokites.com/revopolo/indexrevopolo-fr.html ) and their videos authorized to compete?Thanks a lot in advance.

Are Revs under license from Revkites (like these ones:

http://www.polokites...evopolo-fr.html ) and their videos authorized to compete?Thanks a lot in advance.

These printed kites are under license from Revolution and there videos are welcome to play also just get Polo to put something together... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Hey !! Thank you very much Ben :) :) :)

And thank you to "Grande Anse" to have asked the question ;)

What a wonderful idea Ben, this video contest !!

I'm precisely working at this time on the next video for my website which will be used to promote the new versions HVTD (Half-VenTeD (or mid-vented)) and VTD (VenTeD) of the "Revopolo 1.5 printed" REVOLUTION®, manufactured by "Los Hermanos Gonzalez".

I hope you will enjoy this new video.

See you soon on the Rev forum.

Pete great my friend great.... Also please remember I need a hard copy of all the video's burned to disc and sent to;

Revolution Kites

12170 Dearborn Place

Poway Ca. 92064

Also cause I know this is all a pain how about we award $25.00 of Rev Bucks for each

video disc we get in, just want to sweeten the pot and so you have a reason to give

the shop a call and get some new stuff..... Ben

Also cause I know this is all a pain how about we award $25.00 of Rev Bucks for each

video disc we get in, just want to sweeten the pot and so you have a reason to give

the shop a call and get some new stuff..... Ben

This is the greatest news I've heard in months! I just bought 100 dvd blanks for $20. I'll put 3 minutes of video on each one and send them to you all at once, Instead of the 100 X $25 Rev Bucks just send me the $2500.00 worth of kites.gathering.gif