It was an awesome day of flying.

Lee

Ok so me and some flyers were supposed to meet up in Louisburg to fly today but things happen and we couldn't meet up and fly. So I get in my truck with the wife and head out to a park that I wanted to go to for a long time now. I get there and what do I see but a kiteboarder. He said he used to fly Revs and that it was identical to flying a Rev. I go over to look at his setup. It looked like the Rev handles were on steriods hooked to a 6m flexifoil bohemeth. Can you guess what happens next....... You're right he let me fly it, that thing pulled me around the park like I was nothing. So now I'm home and sore, all in all it was blast... Yes I also flew my Rev too... It was not neglected today. 4 hours of wind and sun... Yeah baby.

Oh and here is a pic before I took the handles.....

a6f8482d-ed23-8f68.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Ok so me and some flyers were supposed to meet up in Louisburg to fly today but things happen and we couldn't meet up and fly. So I get in my truck with the wife and head out to a park that I wanted to go to for a long time now. I get there and what do I see but a kiteboarder. He said he used to fly Revs and that it was identical to flying a Rev. I go over to look at his setup. It looked like the Rev handles were on steriods hooked to a 6m flexifoil bohemeth. Can you guess what happens next....... You're right he let me fly it, that thing pulled me around the park like I was nothing. So now I'm home and sore, all in all it was blast... Yes I also flew my Rev too... It was not neglected today. 4 hours of wind and sun... Yeah baby.

Oh and here is a pic before I took the handles.....

Any day when kites and sun get together is a good day...... Ben

a6f8482d-ed23-8f68.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

post-35-131872148546_thumb.jpg

The Flexifoil Rage 3.5m was my first kite as an adult .... can't say any Flexi I own or have flown are anything like a Rev, but as long as you had fun who cares :blue-cool:

Since we're sharing, here are my 2 main (non Rev) power kites ...

post-3221-131878640455_thumb.jpg

post-3221-131878653063_thumb.jpg

My first quad was a Flexifoil Sting. I still love that kite. Too small to really drag you around much, but really agile. More of a stunter than a power kite. It could spin, back up, fly inverted, etc. with a bit of practice. While the controls are fundamentally similar to a Rev, I didn't find that the skills transferred directly.