Hello All

klee972

My wife and I were attending the Kite Festival in Lincoln City over the weekend. I spoke to Stroke Victim on Saturday about the Revolution kite he was flying. Real nice guy and he invited me to join the forum. On Sunday I spoke with Beach and he gave me a lesson and some advice on which Rev to get. I went across the street to Northwest Winds kite shop and purchased my first Rev (great sale price). It is a black and lime B model.

I studied the instructions, DVD and forum on how to fly it that evening and went out on Monday to give it a try. The wind was howling and the kite was moving fast. I was surprised I did not break the main spar as I drove the kite into the ground many times. This is my first 4-line kite and what a kick it is to fly. It is Tuesday here now and the wind is still up. I am waiting for a little calmer wind before going out again.

I want to thank every Rev flyer I spoke with at the Festival. I can see this is truly a family of fliers. I wish I would have had JB sign my kite.

Mayhem.

Hey Mayhem, Welcome to the Dark Side, all the way from over here on the "Right Coast"................ I had a set of Black/Lime 1.5 B's. Just curious, did you get the Standard Said, the Mid-Vent, or the Full Vented model ? Don't worry, you'll be filling out that set, in no time..........kid_smartass.gif

Hey Mayhem, Welcome to the Dark Side, all the way from over here on the "Right Coast"................ I had a set of Black/Lime 1.5 B's. Just curious, did you get the Standard Said, the Mid-Vent, or the Full Vented model ? Don't worry, you'll be filling out that set, in no time..........kid_smartass.gif

I got the standard sail as I live inland and dont have as much wind as the coast. Thanks for the welcome.

Hello Mayhem....

Welcome to the Rev Family.... yup.... it's pretty cool kid_devlish.gif .... every aspect of it.

There's tons of great info in the older threads, but of course, feel free to ask any questions along the way. Everyone is happy to share their knowledge and experiences!

Hope the winds mellow a bit for you.

Have fun.