100 Grid

Felix

It's tough to committ to something like this with know the where first. Yeah I'd like to do it. Depending on where it is I may be unable to do it.

Bart

Hi Bart,

You are right... Say GB Pounds 1,000 for a return flight, same for a week's accommodation plus same for food and incidentals plus getting the time away from work. Say GB Pounds 3,000 times 108!!! [EDIT GBP 324,000 <grins>]

We are talking 'flash grid' getting c108 people to travel from all over the world to a particular location in order to perform.

I think that we will need to be convinced that we are all 'up-to-speed' on the day.

Let's keep talking...

Felix

Dear All,

I'm Stephen, just started this year flying rev and flying team in team AIR-4-CE.

Here a video of me with a rev;

Before the rev, I flew dualline kites, also in competition.

I have a company Designkites, which are organising kite events, one of that event is the kite festival Scheveningen.

I did also the STACK Eurocup in 2004 and 2008.

So this give me a lot experience of organizing an event at the crowded beach of Scheveningen.

It would be great to do attempt to break the world record of biggest sport kite team. i believe a grid of 64 would do that job.

it would be great as big event on the kite festival. This year we had the Mega Ray, So in 2012 the Revolution Mega team?

Scheveningen is a festival where we have big crowds up to 100.000 on a sunny sunday, we have a lot of media tv and mostly all news papers.

Scheveningen is easy to reach from the UK, France and Germany and two airports, 30 minutes by train away, airport Amsterdam Schiphol and airport Rotterdam.

I can arrange accommodation, about 500 meters from the beach in a youth hostel or even a camping place 100 meter from the beach. For the older kite fliers are there good hotels along the boulevard.

Probably we can arrange a special discount for the festival.

I can also arrange a demonstration field in front of the Kurhaus, great for pictures. Also a audio system would b there and microphones to commentate.

Probably a kite-flier BBQ for free on saturday.

Can we arrange 64 Revolution kite-fliers willing to come in september 2012 to Scheveningen?

If so than I can/will arrange everything to make it happen.

Greetings,

Stephen

ps check out the festival at; http://www.mascotte-...ory/reportages/

post-3843-131748697006_thumb.jpg

Felix, do you want people to reply in this thread if they are interested? Or perhaps you'd want to start a separate thread, so you have one to discuss location, one to keep track of possible flyers. Like Bart, it'll depend on where. For me, someplace in Europe is not out of the question. US would be better. I'm sure the European flyers feel similarly, just reversed.

East Coast of the US would be fun for us, as we haven't been there since we started flying.

Scheveningen also sounds like fun, we haven't been there since the late 80s.

Kite party would be good as well, and is a great place to be in March.

Any place in the UK that would work? I know a great PUB in Chester that has Samuel Smith's Museum Ale. :lol:

No mater where, an important thing for us, and perhaps others, is reasonable accommodations near the venue and public transportation as a rental car may be out of the question for us. (We're old guys, you know?)

If on the East Coast of the US, we would most likely hook up the Airstream and make a nice tour of it, especially if it is during fall color time.

Perhaps a listing of several places, and have fliers list their names under each they would consider.

Felix, do you want people to reply in this thread if they are interested? Or perhaps you'd want to start a separate thread, so you have one to discuss location, one to keep track of possible flyers. Like Bart, it'll depend on where. For me, someplace in Europe is not out of the question. US would be better. I'm sure the European flyers feel similarly, just reversed.

I was 'thinking aloud'!

Stephen has come up with a proposal regarding Scheveningen.

I would put my name down for that and hope to persuade the rest of the team to do it as well.

I hope that Ben is reading this <grins>

Felix

Dear All,

I'm Stephen, just started this year flying rev and flying team in team AIR-4-CE.

Here a video of me with a rev;

<snip>

Can we arrange 64 Revolution kite-fliers willing to come in september 2012 to Scheveningen?

If so than I can/will arrange everything to make it happen.

Greetings,

Stephen

ps check out the festival at; http://www.mascotte-...ory/reportages/

Hi Stephen,

Thank you very much for your proposal. I will very much hope to be able to attend such an event. I will consult with the rest of the team and get back to you in the next day or so. I think that we may be able to contribute 9 or possibly 10 fliers to the project! Will the main event be 15-16 September 2012?

Felix

Hi Stephen,

Thank you very much for your proposal. I will very much hope to be able to attend such an event. I will consult with the rest of the team and get back to you in the next day or so. I think that we may be able to contribute 9 or possibly 10 fliers to the project! Will the main event be 15-16 September 2012?

Felix

+1 "in" :)

East Coast of the US would be fun for us, as we haven't been there since we started flying.

Scheveningen also sounds like fun, we haven't been there since the late 80s.

Kite party would be good as well, and is a great place to be in March.

Any place in the UK that would work? I know a great PUB in Chester that has Samuel Smith's Museum Ale. :lol:

No mater where, an important thing for us, and perhaps others, is reasonable accommodations near the venue and public transportation as a rental car may be out of the question for us. (We're old guys, you know?)

If on the East Coast of the US, we would most likely hook up the Airstream and make a nice tour of it, especially if it is during fall color time.

Perhaps a listing of several places, and have fliers list their names under each they would consider.

Hi Jim,

Stephen has proposed Scheveningen for 2012. Given that the site ticks so many of the boxes I would immediately want to focus on his suggestion to aim at 64 fliers for the time being. We'll try to make sure that Ben D'Antonio is on hand to be the 65th flier on the day! <grins> He will fly in the middle...

If someone was able to make a follow-up suggestion for a USA, Japan or other destination event in 2013 that would be great.

I wonder if JB could set something up regarding registering fliers interests in future events on this forum. I do not think that Facebook is much use for real projects.

Felix

The idea of going to Scheveningen is intriguing for iQuad, if we can work out the financial aspects.

Kite Party beach is definitely too small to properly accommodate a 100-flier initiative, just not deep enough for "all day" activity of so many Rev fliers, especially with a few dozen dual and single line fliers who already grumble about "so many Revs" (18 to 30-something in the past).

I will open a new topic for the 2012 Scheveningen Kitefestival Megafly.

Scheveningen Megafly 2012

I think it is good to find out who can confirm to come to Scheveningen and aim for the 64 (or even maybe 91 !!!!kid_smartass.gif)

For most of the European teams/pilots is easy to reach. Airports and public transport are nearby.

Also for outside European pilots/teams is Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol) a good destination. Maybe it's good to check prices at low-cost airlines.

And......accommodation enough.

Iit is good to push it a little maybe. Stephen says he can arrange everything as long as numbers are confirmed ...Join in !!!!!!.kid_devlish.gif

<snip>

It is good to push it a little maybe. Stephen says he can arrange everything as long as numbers are confirmed ...Join in !!!!!!.kid_devlish.gif

I think that the most important thing is to get the confirmation of the numbers of fliers first. Remember that Stephen Versteegh is dependant on us delivering that number at the event...

Go for it... Come on you UK fliers, let's hear it! (St Pancras to Den Haag is currently £89 return and it is Euros 2.50 from Den Haag to Scheveningen on the Tram.)

Felix

I was lucky enough to get a freebie to Scheveningen a few years back, the Dutch are good hosts and I had a great time. I’ve been looking for an excuse to make another trip ever since.

It’s early days and there are clearly plans still to be finalised, but if you are looking for makeweights as well as teams please pencil me in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys...

Huntington Beach is one of my favorite places to fly! .... Revs, that is

I would certainly like to get to fly Revs there. Somehow the beach is similar to Scheveningen, being close to the centre of a town. Scheveningen is a steeper beach though, and as has been pointed out, it has been subject to considerable engineering works recently.

Maybe there are other similarities...

Felix

• 3 months later...

I was lucky enough to get a freebie to Scheveningen a few years back, the Dutch are good hosts and I had a great time. I’ve been looking for an excuse to make another trip ever since.

It’s early days and there are clearly plans still to be finalised, but if you are looking for makeweights as well as teams please pencil me in.

'fraid this is not looking good for me any more. I’m still working on it but it looks like I will not be able to get the time off work.