Newbie Taken By The Dark Side

Bill Watson

New Rev flier from Columbus, Ohio.

Lucky enough to meet a very experienced Rev flier, and begin the journey to control.

My biggest challange right now is learning to not over control/compensate!! Made some pretty good progress with that yesterday, and starting to feel like there is some small amount of control developing. (Thank you Vicki!)

Really enjoying the forum discussions here, and can't wait to get back out there!!

Practice, practice and more practice needed! :)

Welcome, O2.

Ditto on the learning curve. Also helpful, even though it's difficult not to "just fly all over the place" (have fun), practice simple moves and small inputs just to see how the kite reacts to them. Up/down, left/right, hover upright/inverted, etc. All the more complicated moves are merely combinations of the basics, so once you have the basics down pat you can start putting them together into whatever you want to learn next.

That you William? I recognize the O2BKYTN from the KB forum. Welcome to the dark side, it goes very well the light side of SLKs cool.gif

Thanks all for the welcomes and advice . :)

@nckiter, yup, one and the same.

@ makatakam, Good advice. I'm starting to get that now. The "flying all over the place" is exactly what I had been doing until recently.

Havin' a ball so far. The over compensation thing is still a challange, but starting to get the feel.

My "coach" is great. Her patience is amazing. lol.

She was a member of the "Captain Eddys Flying Circus" team until Al Hargas passed away, and is detrmined to help me get up to speed and start another team.

I have a loooong way to go, but with her help, I may just get there eventually.

Welcome to the darkside. :sq-trooper: We're not nice though, we say we have cookies, but then you get here and find out we do not. Ben might have some Rev-issue cookies, be sure to ask him for some when you meet him. Here is your virtual allotment of cookies:

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

You are so lucky that you have a teacher! You will be flying team in no time, I'm sure.

Welcome to the darkside. :sq-trooper: We're not nice though, we say we have cookies, but then you get here and find out we do not. Ben might have some Rev-issue cookies, be sure to ask him for some when you meet him. Here is your virtual allotment of cookies:

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

You are so lucky that you have a teacher! You will be flying team in no time, I'm sure.

Katrina - "Mistress of the Cookies"!!! kid_devlish.gif Ben would need a semi to haul around all the cookies promised on this forum!!!! smile.gif Sorry SkyPuppet, it's all an illusion!!!laugh.gif

Welcome O2BKYTN!

Vicki is a great flyer and she'll be a great help to get you started.

Also, check out the IKE club. It's free! We have a couple members in Ohio and we hit the Airwaves festival in Cincinnati every year too.

We're setting up a weekend retreat of just kiting at the Indiana Dunes in October. If you can make it, you'll get all kinds of tips.