Editing music

LS Kite Stakes

I know it is possible, but what program do you use to edit music files? I did a quick search and found a bunch of downloadable software, purportedly for free, but want to get one that works, is free, and is not hard to learn how to use. I mainly want it to shorten a music track that is too long time wise by removing sections that do not add to the demonstration as a whole. Links to your favorite software would be appriciated...... :sign_kitelife:

Personally I use Adobe Soundbooth CS4. It came with my Adobe Production Premium Suite CS4. It is available for PC or MAC.

I previously used Cool Edit Pro when it was free, now it is Adobe Audition which you have to pay for. It is very nice.

Apple also has a sound editing software, however I don't recall the name.

There is also some free stuff out there.

Audacity - genuinely free and a very capable piece of software with a good and intuitve GUI

I used it to edit all the music for our wedding and subsequent slideshow and have also used it to create "seamless" tracks for "MP3" players (as per the original album - without the pauses between tracks - eg, Dark Side Of The Moon). Have even created my own tracks by sampling!

We have always used Soundforge which I bought at Office Depot or Best Buy at a reasonable price. It's very user friendly. That's what we use for all our kite music, and I also use it putting music together for videos at times. Never have tried any free software, didn't even know there was any out there. I learned something. :-)

Donna