Bristol kite festival 3/4 sept

Bear100

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get one?

Regards

Gary

Had a -very- productive day at the festival. Bumped into Ben and had a good chat! Came away with a Barresi 1.5 vented. The wind on the Sunday was very variable and I didn't chance flying. Then several windless days at home and I was thinking it wasn't going to happen. Anyways last Wednesday I visited the local Otterspool Fliers and despite there being hardly anything at home it was blowing up a gale out on the Mersey riverfront. I decided right then that I wasn't going to chance any of my kites but spent an hour or two helping the folks there to chase their gear around the field. Someone mentioned that they were trying to get some of their inflatables aired out.

One of the guys was flying an extra-vented Rev and talked me into having a go! Amazing control low down but I lost it a couple of times up in the swifter air. Brain couldn't handle the speed that things moved at. Over compensating etc. Nothing serious but called it quits after a few near misses!

Tried today but wind died and the rain came along.

This week-end is the local Chester festival so another opportunity. More rain forcast though. Kite seems to be waterproof so just need some wind!

Saving for a full sail B1.5............ :rolleyes:

Regards

Len

Had a -very- productive day at the festival. Bumped into Ben and had a good chat! Came away with a Barresi 1.5 vented. The wind on the Sunday was very variable and I didn't chance flying. Then several windless days at home and I was thinking it wasn't going to happen. Anyways last Wednesday I visited the local Otterspool Fliers and despite there being hardly anything at home it was blowing up a gale out on the Mersey riverfront. I decided right then that I wasn't going to chance any of my kites but spent an hour or two helping the folks there to chase their gear around the field. Someone mentioned that they were trying to get some of their inflatables aired out.

One of the guys was flying an extra-vented Rev and talked me into having a go! Amazing control low down but I lost it a couple of times up in the swifter air. Brain couldn't handle the speed that things moved at. Over compensating etc. Nothing serious but called it quits after a few near misses!

Tried today but wind died and the rain came along.

This week-end is the local Chester festival so another opportunity. More rain forcast though. Kite seems to be waterproof so just need some wind!

Saving for a full sail B1.5............ :rolleyes:

Regards

Len

With a full sail and your full vented, you've got just about any wind condition covered!! Let the fun (and learning) begin!! kid_devlish.gif