WIldwood Nationals 2011

acimburek

Hello Everyone~

I am trying to get to nationals for the thursday night through saturday night. I was wondering if anyone would mind splitting room costs for those nights. The additional cost for a room by myself looks to be very difficult. If you have a spare bed or even couch that I could bunk on for these couple nights, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hope to hear from someone soon!!!

Andrew

Hello Everyone~

I am trying to get to nationals for the thursday night through saturday night. I was wondering if anyone would mind splitting room costs for those nights. The additional cost for a room by myself looks to be very difficult. If you have a spare bed or even couch that I could bunk on for these couple nights, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hope to hear from someone soon!!!

Andrew

Hey Andrew!

Missed you at WSIKF!

Check with Toby....last I heard he was looking to share too. :)

Hugs,

T

If things don't work out, mike mosman booked an entire hotel, he might have availability! I'm sure he could work you in, but you'll need to contact him before the event to insure your spot is reserved. You can reach him thru the wow kite club dot com web site for any of the particulars. It's directly across the street from the fields, by the ice cream shop and there's a whole gang of folks involved so you've have plenty of interesting conversations. The misses and I booked at the Marlane, Sunday to Sunday I think.

Anybody seen an event schedule or a posting of the precision figures expected for AKAGNs?

If things don't work out, mike mosman booked an entire hotel, he might have availability! I'm sure he could work you in, but you'll need to contact him before the event to insure your spot is reserved. You can reach him thru the wow kite club dot com web site for any of the particulars. It's directly across the street from the fields, by the ice cream shop and there's a whole gang of folks involved so you've have plenty of interesting conversations. The misses and I booked at the Marlane, Sunday to Sunday I think.

Anybody seen an event schedule or a posting of the precision figures expected for AKAGNs?

Paul,

Maybe the WOW email blasts could let us all know where to find the event schedule/figures if you find them??

Cath

Thanks Theresa, and Laura Stonestreet emailed me yesterday (?Friday? - long day can't remember :blink: ) so she may have sent to all EL members from her AKA position.

This is my first time going to the nationals or to Wildwood for any reason. Is the Marlane a nearby place to stay? Is Mike Mossman looking for people to fill the rooms he's reserved? Would appreciate some advice about where people are flying into and where they are staying.

Mitch

This is my first time going to the nationals or to Wildwood for any reason. Is the Marlane a nearby place to stay? Is Mike Mossman looking for people to fill the rooms he's reserved? Would appreciate some advice about where people are flying into and where they are staying.

Mitch

Mitch,

I don't know anything about the quality of the MarLane, but it is about 2 blocks from the Convention Center and an easy walk to all activities. I made reservations there today for the last weekend. My usual lodging in WW is not avaliable for that weekend, so we will try the MarLane. Their prices seem reasonable. At least 16 other kiters are reserved there acording to the person I spoke with.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I just reserved at the Starlux, which will be memorable, one way or another. I'll be showing up Friday (not sure when yet) and leaving Saturday afternoon some time. I've never been to Nationals before, so any tips or pre-arranged meetings welcome. I may watch some of the competition, but mostly there to fly with others and perhaps meet some of the folks I've only seen on this board.

OK, I just reserved at the Starlux, which will be memorable, one way or another. I'll be showing up Friday (not sure when yet) and leaving Saturday afternoon some time. I've never been to Nationals before, so any tips or pre-arranged meetings welcome. I may watch some of the competition, but mostly there to fly with others and perhaps meet some of the folks I've only seen on this board.

Hi Andrew....

Glad you're going.

There are all sorts of classes/workshops, scheduled daily. Have you joined AKA? For the convention, there is a separate fee. You can pay daily; which allows access to the classes, etc.

There will be a lot of the Masters Multiline Competition on Friday; starting at 12:45 pm.

Also, Friday night is Banquet and auction. (There's a fee for the banquet... if tickets are still available, but I don't believe it cost anything to go to the auction, alone).

Saturday night is another Banquet and the awards presentation.

Hope this helps.

See you down there.