Rev Bag

Joe B

Question

I'm looking for some reviews or at least more detailed specs on the official Rev bag (http://www.revkites.com/main/Rev_Bag)

If you own one (or have seen one in person), what do you think of it? The largest Rev I own is a Zen and I don't want a bag that's overly large (the rest of my collection is all 1.5 size). I'm curious what the length of this bag is when it's wrapped up.

Thanks for any info folks!

13 answers to this question

I've got one!! About 42" long after folding and it'll hold that Zen in there fine!! I have my Rev 1 and 4 1.5s in there comfortably!! Holds a bunch of linesets and spare handles! too! Only negative for me is the extra rod sleeve is a bit small if you have more than 1 extra set of rods! I saved a cardboard tube, cut it down a bit, put my extra rods in it, and put it in the same sleeve with my Rev1!! The outside pocket is huge, holds my stakes, I-pod + headphones, and sunscreen!! Nice work overall! smile.gif

I'm looking for some reviews or at least more detailed specs on the official Rev bag (http://www.revkites.com/main/Rev_Bag)

If you own one (or have seen one in person), what do you think of it? The largest Rev I own is a Zen and I don't want a bag that's overly large (the rest of my collection is all 1.5 size). I'm curious what the length of this bag is when it's wrapped up.

Thanks for any info folks!

Hi Have a few !!, and can say its the best investment I've made.

Holds Lines, Handles & Kites and gets rid of sand !!!.

Holds Rev 1's, Rev 2's, Rev 1.5's & Blasts no problem.

Get one.

Hi Have a few !!, and can say its the best investment I've made.

Holds Lines, Handles & Kites and gets rid of sand !!!.

Holds Rev 1's, Rev 2's, Rev 1.5's & Blasts no problem.

Get one.

Hey Simon,

Did you see the PM?

Thanks

Felix

EDIT I like the bags too but not for airline travel...

My Rev bag typically has 3 Rev IIs, a 1, a Zen, and 10-ish 1.5s. It won't hold Power Blast 2~4, but just about anything else is fine. Also have 7 or 8 line sets and 4 or 5 sets of handles in the bag.

They're extremely well made and durable and I've been very pleased with mine. The only downside is that everyone's rev bag looks alike so you have to be careful to pick up the right one at the end of the day!

I have one, bought for me by my sons for Fathers day cool.gif

Unfortunately I only have a Standard 1.5 SLE with SLE 2 and 3 wrap and a set of Race Rodsw00t.gif

Hope to fill up the rest of the pockets soon ........

No complaints from me, sits in all of my cars just perfect so I'm ready to fly .......... sign_kitelife.gif

May the wind allways be on your back ....

Take Care

Terry

Rev makes very nice bags, wife uses one for her single line kites in fact. I have a couple of 'em as well, both stuffed, at least two kites in each sleeve. I hung a tie-dyed golf towel off of my A-bag to help identify it. Still, when they're all open on a tarp, everyone's looks alike. Both Burka's and Dugard's Rev bags are very recognizable though, because they have these cool wooden handles (Mike Van Meers effort) stickin' out. I'm so envious of those darn things!

I've crushed one of the connector buckles (on the strap) in the tailgate, so that's been replaced/repaired. Some folks use bungie or velcro to help keep the really overstuffed ones closed too. I believe the factory will embroidery your name on there, if you order thru your retailer.

They don't even look good until they're all dirty & frayed, kind of like your badge of courage!

My go-to Rev kitebag holds half a dozen extra line sets, 5 sets of handles with line, a Zen, 2 rev2s, an indoor rev & ashworth's orcon 1.6 together in a plastic map case, half a dozen extra frames, a leatherman tool,a lighter, a pair of forceps, extra 100# bridle line, replacement bridles (3 versions) a gortex rain-suit, a couple of kite stakes and seven 1.5s. If the wheeled golf cart is involved I'll roll a tube of Rev mini-banners into the middle of it also. Otherwise it's too darn heavy to lug around and they stay in the car.

I did replace the Rev strap with a golf bag memory foam pre-curved model from the container store. It doesn't slip off my boney shoulder blade and it is way more comfortable!

• Like 1

My go-to Rev kitebag holds half a dozen extra line sets, 5 sets of handles with line, a Zen, 2 rev2s, an indoor rev & ashworth's orcon 1.6 together in a plastic map case, half a dozen extra frames, a leatherman tool,a lighter, a pair of forceps, extra 100# bridle line, replacement bridles (3 versions) a gortex rain-suit, a couple of kite stakes and seven 1.5s. If the wheeled golf cart is involved I'll roll a tube of Rev mini-banners into the middle of it also. Otherwise it's too darn heavy to lug around and they stay in the car.

My concern for your well-being is so tremendous that I am compelled to forward a check to you to cover shipping this extremely heavy bag and all of it's contents to me so that you can avoid any possibility of serious injury caused by having to lift and carry it. If there's any other bags full of revs and accessories I can take off your hands, please let me know as soon as possible, and I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Thank you!

:kid_drool: :kid_drool: :kid_drool: :kid_drool: :kid_drool: :kid_drool: :ani_yahoo: :ani_yahoo: :ani_yahoo: :ani_yahoo:

Mark,

I've seen worse, Paul dugard's Rev bag is the size of industrial trash can, (rolled-up tight, strapped with huge velcro strips 'cause no buckle would hold it) but thanks for the offer. His wouldn't even fit into my golf cart!

There's no fear of me being an OPK pilot either, that happens frequently and is actually one of the highlights of our group gathering. Flying each other's stuff and seeing what's different and why.

Schaumburg huh? Hey I used to live in Hoffman Estates back in the late 80's and early 90's! I'm downtown for a McCormick Place convention Sunday thru Wednes morning 09/11/11 ~ 09/14/11. I know it's a burden, but do you want to fly with me Tuesday evening? I figured if I'm alone I might as well chase some folks at Buckingham Fountain.

PM me if you're interested, you're welcome to try out some new variables on some old favorites

Mark,

I've seen worse, Paul dugard's Rev bag is the size of industrial trash can, (rolled-up tight, strapped with huge velcro strips 'cause no buckle would hold it) but thanks for the offer. His wouldn't even fit into my golf cart!

There's no fear of me being an OPK pilot either, that happens frequently and is actually one of the highlights of our group gathering. Flying each other's stuff and seeing what's different and why.

Schaumburg huh? Hey I used to live in Hoffman Estates back in the late 80's and early 90's! I'm downtown for a McCormick Place convention Sunday thru Wednes morning 09/11/11 ~ 09/14/11. I know it's a burden, but do you want to fly with me Tuesday evening? I figured if I'm alone I might as well chase some folks at Buckingham Fountain.

PM me if you're interested, you're welcome to try out some new variables on some old favorites

I'd love to fly with you! Tuesday evening is fine with me. If you're staying in the Downtown area, there are places to fly north and south within ten minutes. Montrose Harbor (north), Norhterly Island (south, formerly Meig's Field Airport, the one Mayor Daley bulldozed xx's into). Both are good on any wind, west is least desirable.

Post up asap and let me know. If you really want to fly at Buckingham Fountain, that's cool, but understand you'll need to short-line. On a Tuesday evening there should be minimal pedestrian traffic.

I'll post that you'll be in town on the IKE (Illinois Kite Enthusiast) site. Maybe others can join us.