9/11 Fly at Liberty State Park (Sunday, 9/11/2011)

Lauranyyfan

See you at the Kite Field by the children's play park. Coming up early Saturday Morning.

I will have my RWB Rev I, 1 of 13 in the bag.

Hi Paul....

Sweeeeet!!

I will have my Old Glory, the oh, sooooo gorgeous Double Eagle, and hopefully, one other Masterpiece... for the occasion ;)

Have a good one!

xoxo

I am considering the journey to LSP, but am concerned about the potential for traffic and crowds on that day. We will see.

Laura, I hope you heal fast and are up to flying by then.

Hi Wayne-

Thank you. The cast came off on Thursday :) , and the knee is coming along.

I do hope you make the journey. It will be a special day.

I'm flying to chicago that day for a business conference (Graph~expo). Weird day to be airborne for sure, but that's life! I'd love to get up there with Rev Riders to Motts kite-fest but I've gotta do the work thing instead. I will see my sister Sunday afternoon and my old college roommate will arrange a reunion dinner Monday, lastly I'll get some flight time in front of the Buckingham Fountain Tuesday evening.

Hi Laura,

How ya' doin girl? Yes, We'll see each other soon! The next up for me is regional event with the Richmond Air Force and WoW combined, on the 10th of September. It's a sport kite competition designed to introduce new folks to the joys of this activity. Newbies get assigned a mentor and shadow judge the open competitors, then give it a go themselves with a de-brief immediately following.

Sunfest (Ocean City MD) is up next, followed immediately thereafter by AKAGN (Wildwood NJ) towards the end of September. Tough on the sand during this long interval of days, for an all busted-up old guy such as myself, but somebody's gotta' do it!

Hi Laura,

How ya' doin girl? Yes, We'll see each other soon! The next up for me is regional event with the Richmond Air Force and WoW combined, on the 10th of September. It's a sport kite competition designed to introduce new folks to the joys of this activity. Newbies get assigned a mentor and shadow judge the open competitors, then give it a go themselves with a de-brief immediately following.

Sunfest (Ocean City MD) is up next, followed immediately thereafter by AKAGN (Wildwood NJ) towards the end of September. Tough on the sand during this long interval of days, for an all busted-up old guy such as myself, but somebody's gotta' do it!

Hey babe....

I'm doing better.... a little slower healing than I'd like, but it's getting there. How about you? The Richmond Air Force and WoW event sounds AWESOME!!! Having a mentor lead the newbies in competition is huge; not to mention, fun!!!!

Between Sunfest and Nationals, it will be a long haul in the sand.... for sure! We'll just have to pace ourselves, know when to take a break and listen to our bodies. It'll will be worth it.... as always!

See you soon.....say hello to Barb, too, please.

xoxo

hey laura .. long time no see..neen really busy lately,,im hopeing toi get up that way soon ,,got way to much on my plate at the moment ,, i miss all u guys thats for sure

Hi Ant...

Miss you too!!!kid_loved.gifblue_confused.gif

How's the family?

You'll be missed at LSP, BUT you are gonna have a lot of company, for the week, at Nationals! :)

See you then.

xoxo

Hello Everyone....

It was a great day. The wind was perfect and the many people watching and smiling, all day, made it extra special! Even though it was overcast, Red, White and Blue brightened the sky, proudly! Thank you to the Rev Riders, Kurtis Jones and everyone that came out and flew the country's colors proudly! Kurtis, you totally rock!!! The music and your announcing was the "cherry on the sundae".

Another amazing site was to see the many military choppers and planes flying over head. We also had the privilege of watching the USS New York leave the harbor. It was made from the steel recovered from the World Trade Center. It was designed to be a "Stealth Ship"; just like the "Stealth Fighter Planes".

It was a perfect way/day to come back to the team and flying; after being on the "D.L." since May.

post-2058-131589376724_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone....

It was a great day. The wind was perfect and the many people watching and smiling, all day, made it extra special! Even though it was overcast, Red, White and Blue brightened the sky, proudly! Thank you to the Rev Riders, Kurtis Jones and everyone that came out and flew the country's colors proudly! Kurtis, you totally rock!!! The music and your announcing was the "cherry on the sundae".

Another amazing site was to see the many military choppers and planes flying over head. We also had the privilege of watching the USS New York leave the harbor. It was made from the steel recovered from the World Trade Center. It was designed to be a "Stealth Ship"; just like the "Stealth Fighter Planes".

It was a perfect way/day to come back to the team and flying; after being on the "D.L." since May.

post-2058-131589376724_thumb.jpg

I am glad to hear things went well. I had expected very light winds, but it sounds like the forecasts were misleading. Thanks for providing an uplifting and fun event for the public on a day that could be otherwise depressing. I had too much to do that day, so I will see you and the crew at Wildwood later this month.