looking for a used Rev

bartman

Question

I have a local guy who has taken my kites out for a spin and he wants to get his own now. He is on a limited budget so I'm trying to help him out with some purchase options.

With WSIKF coming up I figure maybe people are looking to sell some kites and accessories and maybe we can help each other out to help my friend.

I'd be looking for something that is still in good shape that could still get a few years flying before repairs or replacement. Also need a 120 line set and handles. I have some options on a line set already and handles, but never hurts to have other options.

I think, at best, would want to set him up with a std sail and maybe an SLE with the small diameter rods. I'd look at all possible configurations. I don't think it will be possible to come up with a STD and Vented sail at the same time.

If I can hammer out something at WSIKF to present to him and he is okay with the money and the deal I can pay for it there and take it home for him.

I realize this may be a long shot rather late in the game, but worth a shot none-the-less.

Thanks.

Bart

10 answers to this question

My guess is you're going to get lots of responses to this thread because I'll bet we all want to add more Rev pilots to the world!

That said, I've recently thought about selling an older kite or two from the bag . . . to fund something new. If they fit in the luggage I'll bring them with me to WSIKF and you can take a look to see if they meet your criteria.

That's excellent. If anyone has room to bring along potential selling kites find me there. I can't make any promises as I will still need to get the final ok from him, but I'd sure appreciate it. He's excited about maybe owning something in the next couple of weeks.

Bart

I have a local guy who has taken my kites out for a spin and he wants to get his own now. He is on a limited budget so I'm trying to help him out with some purchase options.

With WSIKF coming up I figure maybe people are looking to sell some kites and accessories and maybe we can help each other out to help my friend.

I'd be looking for something that is still in good shape that could still get a few years flying before repairs or replacement. Also need a 120 line set and handles. I have some options on a line set already and handles, but never hurts to have other options.

I think, at best, would want to set him up with a std sail and maybe an SLE with the small diameter rods. I'd look at all possible configurations. I don't think it will be possible to come up with a STD and Vented sail at the same time.

Thanks.

Bart

Hey Bart, I have upgraded from Rev B to the Pro & don't fly the Rev B standard or vented any longer. I plan to bring them along to WSIKF in case I find someone who might want them. They each have handles & line sets.

Are you looking only at entry level SLE kites or may your friend consider a Rev B?

I'll look you up. Are you staying at the Mermaid Inn again this year?

I'm a bit surprised that there aren't more threads like this, posted by UK (or other non-US) members.....There doesn't seem to be a secondhand REV market over here, or if there is one I can't find it!

My addiction to powerkites has continued to grow (I'm up to nine now and number ten is on the horizon), as they are readily available secondhand at very good prices.....I can easily buy two very good secondhand powerkites for the price of a single entry level REV, so that's the way most of my disposable cash has been spent of late.

I'm guessing that REVs tend to be 'keepers' more often than powerkites (when you buy the wrong REV it doesn't try to kill you) and having finally got the gist of flying one (REV 2, Full Sail, in 20mph+ at Wallop Kite Festival.....It was like flying an angry wasp! :w00t: ) I can see why people would hang onto them, but surely at least some get sold on in the UK/Europe?

FWIW & All the best

Andy S.

PS - Yes I'm in the market for a secondhand REV if such a thing exists! ;)

Anybody else want to help a beginner buy their first Rev?

Some drug-dealer-esque woman "forced" me to fly her Rev last Saturday and now I've been bitten.

PHEWWWWWWW>.. located in Ohio... I thought they were talking about me for a minute lol .. Good luck with the REV!