Antelope Island Stampede 2011

wakeless kites

Been planning all year and now with 4 weeks to go here is some info

Ok got a confirmed list here….

The official Kite Vendor for the event will be Kent Kingston, owner of A Wind of Change kite store out of Las Vegas. One of the top rated kite stores in the country. http://www.awindofchange.com/

IQuad with

John Barresi

TK Barresi

Bazzer Poulter

Steve DeRooy

Willow Robin

David Hathaway

Also

Spence Watson,

Penny Lingenfelter

Scott Hampton

Jug Buckles

Kevin Reynolds and his dad.

Simon Craft

Ron Bohart

Ron Gibian

Lots of local fliers

Big Kahuna Beach Party Friday night followed by fireworks, Neal Diamond impersonator Saturday night and again with the fireworks, BMX big trick Demos all three days, a 5 and a 10 k run and walk sponsored by the city of Syracuse, food, drinks and fun. This is the third year the kites have been involved and it just keeps getting better and bigger. Attendance for the last two years, (as reported by the Utah state parks) has been around 20 k each year. We might be attracting a lot more this year. The event has grown and I want to thank the other members of the BOD for your support and helping to make this a premier Kite event for the intermountain west.

I really hope that some more of you can make it and if you are planning to attend and fly kites, please let me know so you can be on the main field. Since this event started, I have meet more new kite fliers out there and that is what this event is about. Introducing people to kiting and let them see what can be done with a kite. We will have a learn to fly field to get the kites in the hands of the people; we will be flying with people, not just for them.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks for your time and attention and your consideration

Kevin Bayless

• 2 weeks later...

Neal Diamond impersonator? Oh hell yes, wouldn't miss it for anything! :kid_devlish:

:lol: :lol: :blue-music::kid_brooding::lol:

I'm going to this event next year for sure!! I already made vacation plans to go to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta in October, otherwise I'd go this year.......

I swear, I've been flying alone for so long, without checking out the kite forums or talking to any other kite fliers.... I never knew about WSIKF or this festival until I started reading this forum just recently!!

I Mapquest-ed the Antelope Island Stampede festival, only 7 hours (we'll say 5 and a half :kid_devlish:) from Vegas!!!