Yachats Kite Festival

MercFlyer

My town is having a kite festival!

I will field questions at The Mercantile Phone# 541-547-3060 [email protected] FB-Yachats Mercantile

Location is the south beach of the Yachats, September 3rd. 10am to 4pm

Come on down to Yachats and celebrate the wind. We are going to have Connor and Amy Doran doing some demos and having fun. We are looking to have a large fun fly type of event this year, no pressure, just kites in the air and people smiling!

post-3761-131223831672_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Calling all locals! Let's help make this event a success, so there can be a second annual, and a 3rd.:D If you haven't been there before, I can tell you that Yachats is beautiful, well worth the trip out even if there were not kites involved. Especially Cape Perpetual/Devil's Churn. I will be there and husband too with big kites. It sounds like Brett and Bree from Eugene will come. Wayne (SV) is a maybe.

• Like 1

Calling all locals! Let's help make this event a success, so there can be a second annual, and a 3rd.:D If you haven't been there before, I can tell you that Yachats is beautiful, well worth the trip out even if there were not kites involved.

Well, I've got to be there. I'll drive up from Coos Bay to fly Revs on the beach. I'm looking forward to beach winds & flying with friends all day.

Wahoo!! :matrix:

Awesome to hear Windbag, can't wait to meet you. I got to fly one of Sue's Lam's the other day at beachside, not enough wind for me to break out my Rev.

Great to hear that the two of you got together, after all you live in the same town.

It would help to have a few more details -- like where to park? Is the fly at one of the State Parks south of downtown? Will there be announcers or music? Are we close enough to town so people can get lunch or should people bring their own lunch & coolers? Are all kiter's welcome? Single, dual & quad lines?

Just a few more details might encourage more people to show up for the fly! :blue-cool:

Is the fly at one of the State Parks south of downtown? Will there be announcers or music? Are all kiter's welcome? Single, dual & quad lines? Just a few more details might encourage more people to show up for the fly! :blue-cool:

I had messaged mercFlyer/Wyatt earlier, so I can tell you that it will be at the Yachats Ocean Road State Natural Site, which is on the south end of Yachats, south of the river. Google maps shows it clearly. All are welcome. We've got enough revs for team flying, can't wait! :kid_content: We'll be at the Adobe Resort north of town, as will the Dorans. Just made reservations today, and they still had a few rooms available.

There are restaurants across the river, no food vendors at the site yet bringing food is not a bad idea but the local restaurants are good.

:rev_clockwork::dual::single::plane:All are welcome!:dual::single::plane::rev_clockwork: This event is all about having fun, and I am looking forward to my first team fly! There will be a P.A. system so that we can have music and announcing for anybody that wants to do a demo.

As much as I would love to attend the event, and get a chance to meet up and fly with people, I will not be able to attend. But I hope that you all have fun. Look forward to seeing and flying with you all again when I get the chance!

Hey Wayne, there are going to be two possibly three fields if Team Suspended Animation comes set aside for approved members to fly in.

CJ, we'll get you out here next year!

I would like to have a dinner at the Drift Inn Friday night for everyone coming, please rsvp so I can reserve enough space.

Hey Mike, I got your cards in my door. Bummer I missed you, looking forward to meeting you.

There is always next year JB, besides you'll be at some other big event having fun with those guys!

I can't believe this is so close to happening.

Unless plans change unexpectedly, I'll be there bright and early on Sat. am!!! Day trip only for me!!!! kid_cussing.gifkid_devlish.gif

Was just checking on google maps - Didn't see a lot of parking there??!! Ocean Rd. only showed a small lot of 10-12, is there gonna be parking on the side of the road?? Just checking for details!!

There will be parking set aside for loading and unloading and such for people with gear.

Hey Mike, I have some room in my backyard you can pitch a tent in but it's not very private. Amy and Connor and Katrina and Kelly are staying at the Adobe, all of

the hotels are nice here.

NEWS BREAK I can get rooms at the Adobe for around $66, rsvp as soon as possible for this rate!