Annual DPI weekend July 29,30,31st

wind junkie

Hello all, Many of you may not know but this weekend is DPI weekend (Discover Presque Isle) in Erie, PA. This is one of the largest kite gatherings in PA for the year. Lots of rev stacks and good winds. This will be a 20th anniversary gathering of the Fly Pittsburgh Kite Club as well as an allways enjoyed fly with Lee Sedgwick and the Erie flyers. If anyone on the "west coast" would like to attend, the cost is free, and i can help with any arrangments you may need.

Hi badinfluence-

Sounds like a great festival.

You said lots of stacks...I'm pretty sure that this is Lee Sedgwick's "playground". It's always special to watch the best pilots in the world in action. Lee is, definitely, one of the best!

Enjoy!

Next year, please post this festival a lot sooner to give folks a chance to decide and make plans. Thanks! ;)

Hi badinfluence-

Sounds like a great festival.

You said lots of stacks...I'm pretty sure that this is Lee Sedgwick's "playground". It's always special to watch the best pilots in the world in action. Lee is, definitely, one of the best!

Enjoy!

Next year, please post this festival a lot sooner to give folks a chance to decide and make plans. Thanks! wink.gif

I will take some video of Lee to post for all, if i can "coax" him to get a stack out. A few weeks ago when i went up, the winds were too high to fly a stack so he was kite surfing instead. Supposed to be 7 mph winds which is looking good! Again, sorry for the last minute. I am glad to see there is an interest which if planned right could make for more organized flys in the upcoming months with some long distance friends!

Here is Lee kite surfing a few weeks ago......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1d67I1cKU

If I'd hadn't already promised to put a laminate floor in for a friend Sat morning, I'd be loading the car right now. Erie, PA is just a short 5+ hrs nearby. Recently saw Lee at Maumee Bay State Park (North Coast Stunt Kite Games)- smooth as always.

Be sure to post any upcoming events for the PA area. I'm always looking for more places to go within a few hours drive.

@Laura... bummed to hear about your hand - wishing a speedy and strong recovery. Go Riders!

Dayton David

• 2 weeks later...

I was DPI as a volunteer for the 3 day event, it is so much more than kites, Sunset Point is definately Lee's playground for the 3 days, I wish I had a good camera for the night show with laser lights, black lights, bubble machines, like a mini circus. Not much room for a kite festival. There was several other events going on throughout the park. I spent much of my time selling DPI t-shirts and buttons.

I was DPI as a volunteer for the 3 day event, it is so much more than kites, Sunset Point is definately Lee's playground for the 3 days, I wish I had a good camera for the night show with laser lights, black lights, bubble machines, like a mini circus. Not much room for a kite festival. There was several other events going on throughout the park. I spent much of my time selling DPI t-shirts and buttons.

Those photos are amazing. I've never seen that kind of team stack flying with Rev's.