New Race Rev Spar

Bazzer

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after 2 days of owning this Race Frame I can tell you this.

They Look Good :kid_cussing: , of course you know Murphy's Law buy light rods get 15-25mph winds from then on :kid_brooding: but they look purty :kid_brooding: they feel very light :kid_brooding: the decal is very well done :kid_brooding: I think if this wind doesn't ease up I'm indoor testing them at the High School basket ball court :confused!:

See Antman there are worse things then waiting for Race Rods :kid_brooding:

Well, I finally got to try the Race Rods today 3-7 mph winds flew my vented right along side of SUL's and a B-series with a 2 wrap kept right up and flew like it didn't have vents.

Pretty cool, more testing to come :kid_smartass:

Nice day Art and Beth, Doug Cotes, inkslinger, Stevie Lopes, my 2 sons and myself, great time, now all we need are the same length lines :kid_brooding:

Just gave my new race rev spars the ultimate test. Spent last week with my b-series vented kite with new race spars letting anyone & everyone test drive the kite and learning to fly! The newbies crashed into everything they could and smacked the ground pretty hard at all angles until they could keep the kite airborne and after five days I never suffered a loss of equipment and actually helped about 25 or more people learn to fly. The kites performed flawlessly and everyone enjoyed the way they felt (imagine learning to fly with a b series and race rods!) :kid_content: A very rewarding experience and I thank Ben and Revolution for giving me the opportunity to share with others. Race rods rock! I flew them in all conditions from 20+ winds to as light as possible without a complaint in standard & vented kites. I may never fly anything else.

Just gave my new race rev spars the ultimate test. Spent last week with my b-series vented kite with new race spars letting anyone & everyone test drive the kite and learning to fly! The newbies crashed into everything they could and smacked the ground pretty hard at all angles until they could keep the kite airborne and after five days I never suffered a loss of equipment and actually helped about 25 or more people learn to fly. The kites performed flawlessly and everyone enjoyed the way they felt (imagine learning to fly with a b series and race rods!) :kid_content: A very rewarding experience and I thank Ben and Revolution for giving me the opportunity to share with others. Race rods rock! I flew them in all conditions from 20+ winds to as light as possible without a complaint in standard & vented kites. I may never fly anything else.

Sounds like exactly what i need. I might have to stake out Revolution HQ next week while im in San Diego and see who I can hold hostage for a set of these ;)

I absolutely love the race rods. I flew a demo with a standard custom appliqued rev that is somewhat heavy in 3 mph....with no problem at all..and then turned around the next day and flew the same kite, in about 18 mph for another demo.. They are tough buggers, and they handle beautifully. Great jobbbbbbbb with the race rods.

well flyers i got my race rods and took them out tonight at a small field by my house the winds were at a stand still i had my 1.5 STD with the race frame in it with my 50 foot lines and all i have to say is....THESE THINGS ARE F###KIN SICK ....the fact that i was doin all of my rev moves in still air with a 1 mph gust here and there a simple step back and the kite is airborn.. i really think without a bridle it can be flown indoors who here has tried that??? im gonna :kid_devlish: hats off to rev for makeing these rods ... they are the best truly the best

Latest test results!! Flew Sunday at Graylands beach, Wa , the wind got up to 20+ and we lost a race rod. It finally broke in the center of the middle leading edge spar. So now I know they are not indescructable!! Replaced the leading edge with a SLE and kept flying till it started raining. WET w/ sand Yuck! Memories of WSIKF. :blue_wink: see ya @ up your wind this weekend and Whidbey later in the month. Steven

I flew Race Rods in my vented last weekend with FortFlyer in 12-18ish. I think by the time it gets to be 15+ I prefer 4-wraps to the Race Rods. I find it useful to have more weight in the kite in those kinds of winds plus the 4-wraps are stiffer and tougher. There is no way I'd want to fly the Race Rods in 20+, even if they could take it. I suppose I could leave the Race Rods in the verticals and just go with the 4-wrap leading edge too since the leading edge seems to take the brunt of the force.

I think FortFlyer agreed we were starting to hit the upper range for the Race Rods in terms of precision.

--Lee

I flew Race Rods in my vented last weekend with FortFlyer in 12-18ish. I think by the time it gets to be 15+ I prefer 4-wraps to the Race Rods. I find it useful to have more weight in the kite in those kinds of winds plus the 4-wraps are stiffer and tougher. There is no way I'd want to fly the Race Rods in 20+, even if they could take it. I suppose I could leave the Race Rods in the verticals and just go with the 4-wrap leading edge too since the leading edge seems to take the brunt of the force.

I think FortFlyer agreed we were starting to hit the upper range for the Race Rods in terms of precision.

--Lee

That is just the info I was looking for. Thank you