interested in entertainment?

REVflyer

I am representing a significant portion of the Revolution sport kiting community (on the east coast of the USA) in seeking the addition of another activity to be placed onto the schedule for Nationals this year in Wildwood. A fun event, strictly for entertainment purposes, our own, as well as anyone else who happens to walk by!

We are proposing a QUAD-squared Mystery Shootout (for pairs multi-line).

might get lucky and draw Ian Willoughby, or you might get some old fart, all busted up and immoveably useless for a stylish lass such as yourself, it will still be entertaining for the spectators and a laughing grand time for the participants!

the kites will be furnished, you can change the "tuning" but everything else must remain the same, (no funky sissy sticks or unique bridle options!). I'm assuming they'll all be various sail patterns of 1point5s. Our fearless leader Dantonio will make that decision, since he represents the factory.

I flew a mystery ballet in TI........it was very cool....then again my partner was me. So we had an understanding of the terminology. There was a brief moment I didn't hear the calls from myself......but we soon got back on track. Then I found out the music was from someone from American Idol........ew..

But this thing sounds like a hoot......I'm doing sound anyway so I'll be there.....

Dennis, you're a talented, self-taught musician and the current reigning champion in MMB. Sir, you should own this event, you just make stuff up for the crowd's approval, based upon what is called from the tent. They won't know if you're group doesn't follow. <LOL!> You never were anything except a leader anyway (and from the wrong side of the line besides!)

What do you mean you'll do sound?, . . .... . That's it? I expect your hat thrown into the ring as a "Captain" too! I'd be honored to draw your name from the pool if you're too busy to assemble 3 tracks and burn a CD, you can just lazy-out and go for Partner (you might draw someone actually worthy of your partnership!)

Naturally, we all welcome your involvement as a Caller and master of the mixing sound-board. Thanks for all you do, every time.

• 1 month later...

We have approval from the the AKAGN sport kiting chairperson to include the event. We are still waiting on a specific time and location. It's only word of mouth advertising & some signage at the convention registration area because the program has already been sent out.

We might be on the WOW Club's sound system and depending on the timing of the event Mike Mosman has graciously volunteered to set it up & man the mic as the master of ceremonies. I'll drag the system, a couple hundred feet of electrical cord, a table and chair, and an umbrella/awning for shade/weather protection. I'm NOT bringing the generator or petroleum products though.

If you are a captain:

You need a CD with three suitable tracks, their run times and your last name on it. Inside the CD case is a ten dollar bill (admission price) taped in place.

If you are a partner:

You need an envelope (with your name on it) containing a ten dollar bill and write the word PARTNER on the envelope

If you are a caller:

decide if you want to enter (contest admission price is ten dollars, write your name on it!)

then determine if you want to be a Partner or a Captain when your calling services are not required.

Ideally we should have the crowd motivated and in place as judges (by applause) before we start.

Three sets of two kites will be provided (full sail, mid and full vents). You can adjust the handle tuning, but no other modifications shall be allowed.

The grand prize is one gift certificate from Rev & one hat full of $10 bills to be shared between the winning Captain and Partner.

Do we want a sign-up sheet?, or do we make a forum announcement/email blast when we know our particulars of where and when?

Almost everyone is going to be there on what day?

Would doing it at night be too many variables? It would certainly eliminate most of the crowd, . . . we'd have to self-judge it then!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still interested?,

we now have a location and time (by when it needs to be completed anyway!)

Field #2 on Friday until 1PM

We should start no LATER than eleven AM and honestly you need to be out there by 10:30 so we aren't delayed a moment

I know, there's other cool stuff to do exactly at this same time, decide if you in or out, then join me!

Anyone still interested?,

we now have a location and time (by when it needs to be completed anyway!)

Field #2 on Friday until 1PM

We should start no LATER than eleven AM and honestly you need to be out there by 10:30 so we aren't delayed a moment

I know, there's other cool stuff to do exactly at this same time, decide if you in or out, then join me!

I'm still in my brother!!!!!!!!!

Friday works great!

Here's a little flier that can be circulated around the convention area or in advance if appropriate. "Wink~Wink" is the unmentioned ten dollar bill. We obviously can not promote an event with an entry fee! Seal the envelope and write your name on it. Discretely turn it in on the day of the event and best of luck to everyone!

Oh' and one last thing. Somebody will certainly have to snap a commemorative photo of Dr. Moody and Uncle Ben giving up their hardy handshakes to the champions for posting on the forum.

AKAGN_16MS-o_.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Quad Squared Mystery Shootout turned into a grand time as things progressed along. We'll have some rule revisions next time, but the format was certainly entertaining for the crowd, participants and judges alike. Everyone's contribution is why it worked out so well, THANK YOU everyone!

Mike Mosman and Wen Chen won the last heat, a 3-way round to the championship title, with the winning prize going to Wen (based upon a coin flip) in the parking lot attended by witnesses. No monetary transactions took place, so the AKA's lawyer need not contact me to complain!