Informal Rev Clinic in Hillsboro, OR

KiteLife

Looks like we'll have quite a few Rev fliers meeting up at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Hillsboro, OR on July 23-24!

An informal clinic, there will be no set curriculum so we can "follow our noses" on what folks need and want to learn.

So far, the attendee list looks like:

1. stroke victim (Wayne)
  2. Seth
  3. windpoacher (Eli)
  4. Katrina
  5. Brett Howard
  6. Mrs Howard
  7. chuckrev (Chuck)
  8. Dueces Wild (Ann)
  9. Kevin
  10. Exile (CJ)
  11. Major Hostility (Cameron)
  12. mousieo (Amy Doran)
  13. Connor Doran
  14. MercFlyer (Wyatt)

With this in mind, and considering I'll be the only trained "instructor" present, there is no fee, although voluntary donations are encouraged... Only what it's worth to you. ;)

We'll be meeting up around 10am and flying until we're done, no hard stop time.

If you want to get in on this, just show up! ;)

NOTE: The original discussion started here - http://www.revkites....ic-in-portland/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a hotel right next to the field

Red Lion Hotel Hillsboro3500 Northeast Cornell Road, Hillsboro, OR 97124-6391(503) 648-3500 ‎

I've never stayed there but about 20 years ago some of my out-of-town family members did and they liked it. So I can't give you a personal recommendation, but I'd give it a try. There are also quite a few other motels/hotels in the area, within a couple of miles.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=480217622071896938&q=Comfort+Inn&hl=en&ved=0CA8Q2QY&sa=X&ei=RtYXToK2CtHkkAXaw9mBDw

Aye aye Amy, sere you in Brookings! :)

Eli (windpoacher) too, I think a couple others may make it as well.

FYI for all - Eli, TK and I have commute arrangements with Brett, we're all set - thanks!

Just updated the "RSVP" list... 14 already, plus TK and I... Going to be a hoot, and lots learning all around! :)

Sounds like Theresa from The Kite Shoppe might be attending as well, not 100% confirmed yet.

There is a huge selection of places with in a miles or so. Arbys, KFC, Sonic, Burgerville....

Or for a group sit down, a IHOP is really close by in one direction, and a On the Border is the other way. The list goes on.

Looks like a good attendance for those that can confirm.

I might just stop in to watch a listen on both days for a little bit. ( I work on Sunday about 1/4 mile away)

Ken

Sorry to be so slow in responding. I was in Seaside last week. Got a chance to fly with John Farrell, amidst time with my grandchildren. John is headed to Long Beach next.

My suggestion for a place to meet for dinner would be the Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, which is a McMenamin's establishment. You can find it on-line if you are interested. They have a reasonably priced, reasonably varied menu, in addition to a large selection of microbrews. It's maybe 3 miles from the Fairgrounds.

The weather is, as always unpredictable, but it is highly likely that the winds will be light and variable. Race frames or 2-wraps will be handy.

Also, the wind schedule during the day sometimes varies. Some days there is little wind at 10 am and then the afternoon just gets better, right into the evening. Other days the wind apparently checks out to go to dinner. But, we are all kiteflyers, so this should be no surprise. Right now the prediction for Sat and Sun is sunny, so sunscreen will be a good idea.

I am really looking forward to this event.

Sorry to be so slow in responding. I was in Seaside last week. Got a chance to fly with John Farrell, amidst time with my grandchildren. John is headed to Long Beach next.

My suggestion for a place to meet for dinner would be the Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, which is a McMenamin's establishment. You can find it on-line if you are interested. They have a reasonably priced, reasonably varied menu, in addition to a large selection of microbrews. It's maybe 3 miles from the Fairgrounds.

The weather is, as always unpredictable, but it is highly likely that the winds will be light and variable. Race frames or 2-wraps will be handy.

Also, the wind schedule during the day sometimes varies. Some days there is little wind at 10 am and then the afternoon just gets better, right into the evening. Other days the wind apparently checks out to go to dinner. But, we are all kiteflyers, so this should be no surprise. Right now the prediction for Sat and Sun is sunny, so sunscreen will be a good idea.

I am really looking forward to this event.

I'm all for the Cornelius Pass Roadhouse on Saturday night, McMenamin's is a good place for our kind of crew.

Wow, only a few days away - sneaking up on me! :)

Brett, Ken, Walt(?) glad you'll all be making it - even if it's just for a visit for some!

Ken, we don't need anyone to "break" wind.. We need a steady constant wind. Despite your..... abilities, I don't think you could supply the needed "wind." Besides, it could easily turn into a more explosive event than any of us would like. I mean, we all want to have a Blast, but I'm sure than none of would like that blast to destroy our kites! LOL!

Ken, we don't need anyone to "break" wind.. We need a steady constant wind. Despite your..... abilities, I don't think you could supply the needed "wind." Besides, it could easily turn into a more explosive event than any of us would like. I mean, we all want to have a Blast, but I'm sure than none of would like that blast to destroy our kites! LOL!

On iQuad, this manner of behaviour is usually taken care of by the back end of the line. So to speak.

Brett, Ken, Walt(?) glad you'll all be making it - even if it's just for a visit for some!

Who me, make it? Hmmmm, I may or may not have a hotel room set up nearby all ready....... Could be bringing a popup, (for some shade) table, a couple chairs...... There may even be a appearance of Scotty the Scottie too..... :tease:

Who me, make it? Hmmmm, I may or may not have a hotel room set up nearby all ready....... Could be bringing a popup, (for some shade) table, a couple chairs...... There may even be a appearance of Scotty the Scottie too..... :tease:

Walt - Are you bringing along my dog's lunch??!! HAHA!!!