Custom Rev Hard Case.

cubefx

I always have alot of stuff in my car (heavy props, speaker boxes, etc.). I was a little bit concerned about something will slide over and crush the my Indoor Rev.

So, I decided to build hard case. Most stuff I found laying around the garage and it all took me one morning. It is probably have been done before but here is my take on it.

rev_04.jpg

That is how it looks assembled and glued.

rev_05.jpg

I know, it looks like a pluming pipe, so I decided to paint it. Also I added couple decals and wrapped with a rubber "Rescue tape".

("Rescue tape" is self molding when stretched). Later I added the sling, so it can be carried over the shoulder.

rev_06.jpg

rev_07.jpg

rev_08.jpg

rev_09.jpg

rev_10.jpg

Used heavy stuff. Can be used as a melee weapon if needed (jk) :)

That is what I found laying in the garage from one of my old projects. Was to lazy to drive to the Home Depot. I believe it is 2 1/2". Fits "Indoor" perfectly in the factory sleeve.

On the positive side, I can probably run the car over it without damaging the kite.

I hope you used thin-wall. That looks like it would weigh a ton if made from Schedule 80. Either way - mighty good-looking.

Nice!!! smile.gif Is there room inside for lines and handles?? confused_1.gif

Unfortunately no. Probably if I used 3" pipe with a thin wall. I was thinking about it, but I always carrying small backpack with me to the practice (ipod, portable speaker, camera, bottle of water, etc.). So there is always room in the backpack for the lines and handles.

\

Where do you get "Rescue tape"???huh.gif

Michael

I got about 10-15 rolls laying around. Best grip/insulation tape EVER! I believe I got it from ACE Hardware years ago, but you can also get it online.

I using it on many of my props for the shows. Once it is wrapped it is more like a shrink wrap or rubber dip.

Below is some info about "Rescue Tape", and no, I am not affiliated..... :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rescue Tape is a self-fusing silicone repair product with infinite uses. First used by the US Military and now seen at consumer and industrial

trade shows across America, this is the most versatile and easy-to-use emergency repair product available.

You can repair leaks on plumbing and hoses in a flash, use to insulate electrical wiring or as shrink wrap, wrap tool handles,

and much, much more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 7 months later...

cubefx

Thanks for putting this together. I will be making one for myself. I have a question for you though, can you (or any other member) can tell me how to make the sling? What materials to buy, and from where? and then how to put it together.

Please excuse me if this is a simple question, I am a newbie in this DIY world. Where I come from, I could have afforded to get it done for me, custom made...and never had need to learn techniques and things in the DIY world.