Cutting Rev Spars

Reef Runner

I've got a question, maybe a stupid question, but still a question. I have an extra set of Rev I spars (brand new), that I would love to utilize, in some of my Rev 1.5's. My question boils down to this. Can these spars be cut down by a few inches, and used in a Rev 1.5 (assuming that I measure them to the correct length)? If so, how is the best way to cut them, and is there anything that needs to be done to the raw end, after it is cut, to prevent splintering, etc. ? Has anyone done this before ? confused_1.gif

I've got a question, maybe stupid, but still a question. I have an extra set of Rev I spars (brand new), that I would love to utilize, in some of my Rev 1.5's. My question boils down to this. Can these spars be cut down by a few inches, and used in a Rev 1.5 (assuming that I measure them to the correct length)? If so, how is the best way to cut them, and is there anything that needs to be done to the raw end, after it is cut, to prevent splintering, etc. ? Has anyone done this before ? confused_1.gif

I recently cut down some old rev indoor rods for my Rev 2, and it was fairly easy. I measured where I want the cut, then lined up a piece of tape on the retained side of the future cut. I then used a dremel to cut through the rod. You may need to turn the rod and cut on the other side to get a good clean cut. Once the rod is cut, I took a bit of sand paper to the end to smooth it off.