Rev clinic in Portland?

KiteLife

NOTE: New topic here - www.revkites.com/forum/topic/5036-informal-rev-clinic-in-hillsboro-or/

Just testing the waters...

Anyone game for a Rev Clinic in Portland, July 9-10 or July 23-24?

It's be a great opportunity to "ramp up" before WSIKF, and it would be hosted by Watty, TK and myself.

Might be light / no wind, and if so, you'll learn even more... Any condition, we'll teach folks about it. :)

Probably $30 individual registration, 12 students max.

Who's in? How do the dates work? Which one is better?

Edited by Kitelife

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey SV, just think what your skills would be like if you had a 3 on 1 with JB, TK and Watty. So if no One else shouts up you could have them all to yourself, you lucky man you.

Other option, buy all 12 places yourself, ends up the same. :kid_devlish:

Hey SV, just think what your skills would be like if you had a 3 on 1 with JB, TK and Watty. So if no One else shouts up you could have them all to yourself, you lucky man you.

Other option, buy all 12 places yourself, ends up the same. :kid_devlish:

Baloo - wouldn't that be crazy!!! kid_devlish.gif Too bad the finances don't allow for that to happen!!! kid_brooding.gif But I could claim they were mine, all mine!!!smile.gif For a day!!!!

July 23-24 is looking better and better... Looks like two for sure (SV and poacher), plus Theresa, myself, TK and Watty on hand for support/instruction.

However, I'd really like to get at least 2-3 more folks committed on this to warrant taking the full days off from Kitelife work here in the office.

For now, let's fairly well assume it will happen... I'll try to drum up more participants over the next couple of weeks, then come to a decision. ;)

AARRRGGGHH!!!!!!!!! Well , I just remembered, my wife is going to vegas that weekend, so a ride will not be easy!!!.......But ,plan on doing my best to make it!!!! any body driveing by medford to portland on that date???????? ha ha just checking!!!!!

AARRRGGGHH!!!!!!!!! Well , I just remembered, my wife is going to vegas that weekend, so a ride will not be easy!!!.......But ,plan on doing my best to make it!!!! any body driveing by medford to portland on that date???????? ha ha just checking!!!!!

Hey, if ya don't ask, no one can answer!!!! kid_devlish.gif

Hey, if ya don't ask, no one can answer!!!! kid_devlish.gif

Yes!!! S.V..........that is what I was thinking................wink.gif

.....I fixed the kid's car, and have a ride lined up..........w00t.gif

Now to find out where ,exactly, and locate a cheap motel .........huh.gif

shouldn't be long now............but first thing's first..................LINCOLN CITY.....................crazy.gif ...........

Yes!!! S.V..........that is what I was thinking................wink.gif

.....I fixed the kid's car, and have a ride lined up..........w00t.gif

Now to find out where ,exactly, and locate a cheap motel .........huh.gif

shouldn't be long now............but first thing's first..................LINCOLN CITY.....................crazy.gif ...........

Indeed!!! See you there!!! kid_devlish.gif

Still good for me!!!!kid_devlish.gif Even if a clinic falls apart, maybe we could fly together anyway at Delta??!!

Yes good here!!!!!!!!!!!wink.gif ........EDIT........EDIT......Was good here ! Till this afternoon, my better half informed me of low funds, and figured I need to choose between brookings next month or Portland, (If the kid's drive to portland)........their is still time for me to find other means of transport by myself, then I will be doing both..................

we will see, where the cookie crumble's

I can give only a maybe.

Had so much unexpected on my plate the last few months, that I am still reeling and trying to catch a breath. And a clinic would be a nice breath if I can complete repairs to the travel trailer and catch a reservation at the RV park by the old Janzen Beach near Delta park.

I'll watch this topic and see how our calendar looks before I can give a definite. Later is better - head still spinning. :kid_cussing:

If I hadn't just taken Vacation time off, to go out to Portland June 10th-18th, I would be ALL OVER making it to the clinic. Sadly, I don't think I can afford another trip out so soon, letting alone trying to get more time off from work to make the trip. I will have to try and catch one at a later date.. Unless you guys want to come to Montana!! We have PLENTY of wind here!! Bring vented kites though! because like right now.. we have 10mph winds sustained, gusting to 20+mph. Get somewhere out on an open field, it might be a little more stable.

Just a thought.. Can't blame a guy for trying, can ya?

I think I've got at least one more... Let's call it a date. :)

July 23-24, West Delta Park, 10am-4pm if weather allows, no super-firm schedule.

Since there will be no curriculum and just one experienced instructor on hand this time, no fixed sign up fee but donations are welcome.

TK and I will actually be flying out to Singapore on the 26th of July, so I'll be hustling to make this fit my schedule amongst getting ready, but I really wanted to make something available before WSIKF. ;)