Flying in South East Michigan

andrewrbrown

It's 3:00 pm and I finished my other stuff early.

I'm at the Demo field right now, where conditions are not optimal. Occasional drizzle and light to variable winds prevail.

Dunno what your schedule is like, but I can either amuse myself for a while, or we can try this another day. I'll check back in 30 minutes --at about 4.

Sent from Pete's iPad using Tapatalk

Rain stopped. Wind 6 to 12. I'll give it another 15 before heading home. .

Pete, I'm probably not going to make it out till about 6 PM. I might stretch it to 5 if I push things. I'm sorry to hear you are out there alone!!! I hope it wasn't a miscommunication on my end. It's raining here in Northville now, but has been on and off all day. If you are still up for flying, I'd love to join you.

By the way, I PM'ed you with my cell number. Feel free to call. I'll be a bit more responsive than through the forum.

Thanks, Andy

Pete,

I still cannot make it out yet as my son is not home yet (should be any time now). Depending on how you go home, and if you are still up for a last ditch attempt, you could swing by Northville and we could fly here. The sun came out and wind picked up slightly. Let me know.

Andy

I made it home (cross-country, through S. Lyon, to avoid rush hour on X-way - big mistake).

I've been up since 4:30 this morning and spent the first part of the day getting rained on and climbing in and out of boats. I finished early, and instead of going home and getting some rest and dry clothes, I went straight to the park. (Another mistake.)

I was just too tired to stay for another hour. We will get organized and make this happen, but it will have to be another day.

I made it home (cross-country, through S. Lyon, to avoid rush hour on X-way - big mistake).

I've been up since 4:30 this morning and spent the first part of the day getting rained on and climbing in and out of boats. I finished early, and instead of going home and getting some rest and dry clothes, I went straight to the park. (Another mistake.)

I was just too tired to stay for another hour. We will get organized and make this happen, but it will have to be another day.

Pete,

Sounds like a LONG day. The weather never really cooperated today. We'll find another time.

Andy

We will.

I spent a few minutes with a full-sail 1.5 and 30' lines, but with the flukey ground winds, it wasn't much fun. Laziness again; I just didn't feel like walking out 120s.

One other characteristic of this park: the ground is ROCK HARD below the few inches of turf. I had to get a mallet from my kite bag to sink my stake more than a few inches. I think a very thin stake with a big handle will be required.