New Guy with a Zen

hughston

I just wanted to share my initial Zen experience from a beginner's point of view. I started with a B series full sail and was frustrated with frequent low wind conditions, so I read everything I could about the Zen and other light wind alternatives. I finally just went for it and ordered one. I could not be more thrilled. It is a completely different kite than the b series. When I fly it, everything seems to slow down and I am at peace, similar to cross county skiing when you are just kicking and gliding, in the zone. It is so graceful and precise. It seems to just float, searching for any puff of wind to give it lift. Having said all that, light wind flying does seem to require lots of practice, as this beauty does not totally fly itself. I also find that I appreciate my b series even more, flying it after the Zen, as it feels like a sports car. So, if there are other newbies wondering if they are ready for or deserve a Zen, I would say yes and yes. Don't buy it for simply for the light wind qualities, but buy it for the whole Zen experience. In these times, when none of us know if today is our last, eat your dessert first, move one step closer to Nirvana, and get that Zen.