Dunstable Kite Festival (UK)

andelscott

Dunstable Kite Festival - Will you be there?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be coming along to the festival?

• Oh yes!!
    • Hope to come / Maybe
    • Not this time
  2. 2. Which day(s) might you be up for a MegaTeam?

• Saturday
    • Sunday
    • Neither - but will be there
    • Not attending

As you seem to be organising it then it follows that you are calling also

Stable kite flying done next weekend... Whatever next?

I hope to be there on Sunday whatever the weather. I don't call team or mega team!

Felix

Thanks for that Chris ....see it didn't rain all the time smile.gif

The nice thing about Dunstable is you can see what weather is coming at you about 5 minutes before it arrives - giving sufficient time to invade a friendly-looking tent or caravan!

Of other note, Daniel Hoath (aged 8) made his 'proper' festival debut, flying team in a Flying Squad arena display on Sunday.

The mega team was primarily Saturday, with the festival schedule over-running on Sunday and winds having picked up from mid-vent to full vent, most of the visiting fliers were packing away rather than getting another kite out.

. . . . .

Of other note, Daniel Hoath (aged 8) made his 'proper' festival debut, flying team in a Flying Squad arena display on Sunday.

. . . . .

Sorry Andy, I think you are something like 5 years late with that one. I saw him do a solo with his Rev II on my first trip to Rougham. If I remember right the weather was rough that w/e too. True star performer even then.

• Like 1

The nice thing about Dunstable is you can see what weather is coming at you about 5 minutes before it arrives - giving sufficient time to invade a friendly-looking tent or caravan!

<snip>

On Sunday I think that there was visual evidence giving very much more than 5 minutes warning... The exact track of the showers may have been a bit more difficult but when they spread across the horizon the consequences were clear.

I do not like flying kites when the cloud forms are indicative of thundery conditions. When the cumulus clouds bubble up and get their tops 'blown off' it will likely be time to stop flying kites...

Felix

Sorry Andy, I think you are something like 5 years late with that one. I saw him do a solo with his Rev II on my first trip to Rougham. If I remember right the weather was rough that w/e too. True star performer even then.

I did say team. But yes, the track was definitely set early, with hopefully much more to come.