Cause & Effect..........

rcom714

Cause.............Having fun............

Effect.............post-1822-13049396675_thumb.jpgpost-1822-130493969424_thumb.jpgpost-1822-130493972454_thumb.jpgpost-1822-130493974336_thumb.jpgpost-1822-130493991423_thumb.jpg

Result..............Unknown at this point, Doc is reviewing patients condition!!!!!

Rich the REV Beaters is at it again.

Looks like you got caught on the top of a flag pole then yanked both handles back hard.

Yes,it can be repaired. Tedlar tape will repair it. However the best bet is to replace the center panel.

I trust Rich, he can't flail any harder than me. Honestly, one kite out of how many, sir? You should expect some damage, . . . heck you pushed Revolution into the "Rich Race" Green Frames, now you want a double thick center panel too? Looks like you hooked-up on the space shuttle, not a light pole <HA!>

I trust Rich, he can't flail any harder than me. Honestly, one kite out of how many, sir? You should expect some damage, . . . heck you pushed Revolution into the "Rich Race" Green Frames, now you want a double thick center panel too? Looks like you hooked-up on the space shuttle, not a light pole <HA!>

Testing 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... Ooops, guess we don't need to try THAT trick again.

New rule - If you try tipstands on a monument, we now know what will happen.

Thanks Rich for proving that!!!!

:kid_devlish: Cath :blue-music:

Coming soon from Revolution, the new K1500 all kevlar sail.

Due to field testing by some of our "less than gentle" testers we have decided that some of our clients have need for this slightly heavier but "bullet proof" sail. Sails will be available in your choice of colors as long as they match our "Rich Rods" (also developed due to our field tester). So far this new sail has proven to be water proof, barnacle proof, and lastly monument proof.

Currently the sail is on our sewing floor. We will be shipping as soon as we can figure out how to cut this stuff and sew it. So far we have ruined five pairs of scissors, two rotary cutters, two hundred needles, and one sewing machine.

Call the factory now to place your pre-order. Ask for Dr. Moody, tell him you had a recent check up "cough cough" and he'll throw in a kevlar line set for free.

The best part of the whole experience was that when I noticed the damage, I landed the kite, laughed my ass off thinking "here's my excuse for a new weave", broke out the full vent and kept flying. I only realized the extent of damage when I took the pictures afterwards. Laughed again!!!!

As those that know me can attest, I fly all my kites (masterpieces or otherwise) very hard and with passionate abandon with little regard for whether they get wet, dirty, graze a monument or flagpole, etc, etc.

It's not so much that I'm trying to stress the kite to it's limits rather it is a desire to keep that Cheshire Grin smile on my face at all times. To me, the only way to do that is to fly the kite where I want, when I want and how I want. No Excuses!!!!!!!!

If it looks clean and has no battle scars, it has no place in my bag!!!!

I know the the crew in Poway support my efforts......it offers them a stream of income that becomes somewhat regular!!!! <Grins>

All that said, Dr Eliot will be giving the patient the once over. I'll report back his findings.

In the mean time.......The mesh and leading edge are in great condition having already been replaced once from a previous "near miss".

@Alden.......R&D is me!!!!!!!

@Burka :-))

@Sir John Mitchell.....no flag pole.....just a (appropriately enough) war memorial.

@Paul......Flail and flail some more....Great day at the mall.....TY very much!!!!!!

@hyazakite.......agreed......absolutely flyable.

@Shook and Shook....Who loves ya????!!!!!!!

Oh yeah.......look for the sail's return at the Wood!!!!!!!!

Cause and effect. what an apt heading. Why dont I call Elliot and just say that the kite blew up and not tell him that it was caused by normal Rich flying. You know, like to close to that sharp object and OPPS I forgot about my "I dont have any depth perception".

HHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!! what an effect.

Nice Job Bro. Keep flying, I know a couple of Rev's that are worthy of your ability. OH what ever happened to Barnacle Bill, the full Vent????

Cause and effect. what an apt heading. Why dont I call Elliot and just say that the kite blew up and not tell him that it was caused by normal Rich flying. You know, like to close to that sharp object and OPPS I forgot about my "I dont have any depth perception".

HHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!! what an effect.

Nice Job Bro. Keep flying, I know a couple of Rev's that are worthy of your ability. OH what ever happened to Barnacle Bill, the full Vent????

Elliot is well aware and fully endorses that style of flying......just ask Cath!!!!!!

What is depth perception anyway????

As far as I know Barnacle Bill is resting comfortably somewhere in Poway, California.

BTW, some have asked what caused the "extra venting" to be added.......

post-1822-130506603783_thumb.jpg 9-11 Memorial in my town

From the look and shape of the landing platform there, ya must have had a gust that caused and impromptu landing on a sharp edge at the top left or right side. I usually go for a tip stand on stuff like that myself, but if a V landing it is, you got it down pat man. :)

Elliot is well aware and fully endorses that style of flying......just ask Cath!!!!!!

What is depth perception anyway????

As far as I know Barnacle Bill is resting comfortably somewhere in Poway, California.

BTW, some have asked what caused the "extra venting" to be added.......

post-1822-130506603783_thumb.jpg 9-11 Memorial in my town

I should be honest and admit that I forced Eliot to accept that style of flying!! He saw me giggling with some of the stunts I'd pull ... the rest is history. (Yes, dear, kites ARE for water currents also! Yes, dear, I'm ready to learn kite repair!)

Now Rich - it's a big flat square piece of granite ... we were expecting a Civil War general with a drawn saber, atop a fire breathing stallion (covered in pigeon crap). If you can find the 'Sword' style of monument, then let me know and I'll bring some EXP's (Eliot just said Not Cath!) - a much more cost effective testing kite. Dr. Eliot will just have to get some more experience performing surgery :w00t::w00t::P:innocent:

Hi RC-

Nice job!!!

I had typed a reply a while back (but I guess I didn't hit send)..... sort of been "on the bench or DL" since MIKE.

Just to back up your last reply: YUP!!!!!!!.... there is only one way you fly and it doesn't matter which kite it is, Masterpiece or otherwise, they are all equally flown with aggressive love in any condition, in the water, rain, snow, bushes, trees, flagpoles, people, hats, tramcars or whatever!!!! kid_smartass.gifkid_devlish.gifkid_loved.gif