Impending disaster?

PMartin

I get a real kick out of taking my Rev to the top of the window, turning it 180, diving towards the ground, with the brakes completely off (to get that quick, loud flutter), stopping 5 feet from the ground, flipping it over and gently landing for a second, only to take off to the top of the window. I love my Revolution 1.5 (my first and only Rev...for now). Today the wind accepted my kite like a gentle lover and it was good. If I ever get to fly somewhere with a STEADY breeze I am gonna be golden.

As you advance with the dive, it gets to be much more fun.

Next get it to stop just an inch above the ground and hover.

Then advance a little further and slightly tap the ground and back it up quickly as if it were a bounce.

As long as you are hitting the ground flat and there is no object in the way such as rock, the chance of breaking a rod is next to nil.

The original Revolution rods are really tough stuff.

Today the wind accepted my kite like a gentle lover and it was good. If I ever get to fly somewhere with a STEADY breeze I am gonna be golden.

Sounds like you're having a blast yo!

Don't worry so much about the steady breeze! I think the reason I enjoy my Rev so much (been flying 2 months now) is that with some practice I am now catching any sort of wind that comes across my crappy little soccer field, and using my own leg power and pulls on the sail to keep the kite flying between those bits of wind. The added control, compared to my duallies, is exciting.

I also get strong gusty winds across this field, and it works just like the duallies - fly to the edge of the wind and wait it out, except with the Rev I am not initiating a stall for my tricks from this position - I haven't had to sprint forward one time yet to do any move! Joy!

I hope impending disaster avoids you! That's hardcore yo lol

As long as you are hitting the ground flat and there is no object in the way such as rock, the chance of breaking a rod is next to nil.

The original Revolution rods are really tough stuff.

Agree with John, you won't break a rod unless you hit something hard, or at a funny angle. Only rod I've had break was thanks to my mom flying full speed down onto a log. Snap. But straight on and w/o obstacles, you'll just suffer a little embarrassment, not disaster, if you smash into the ground. Have fun! :blue-grin: