How many of you have matching Revs?

Joe B

Do your Rev sets match?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do your kites match?

• Yes, my sets match
    • No, my sets don't match

I was chatting about this with another member and now I'm curious. For those of you with a set of Revs... are they matching sets? For example, if you own a B-Series set of standard, mid vent, and full vent sails, etc... are they the same color scheme or is each a different pattern? Do you ever regret not matching things up, or do you embrace variety?

Guest plod38

My first rev was second hand, so no choice in colour, but the next 4 were new

Second kite was a B series full sail and bought Black and Lime

Third kite was a B series full vent so also bought Black and Lime

Fourth kite was a 1.5SUL, so guess what?? yep, Black and Lime :lol:

Firth kite was a B series mid vent, and almost bought Black and Lime, but the Black Rainbow was calling me too much :P:lol::lol:

No matched Revs; in fact no matched kites of any kind. There are just too many color combinations out there to begin limiting myself to a single combination.

That said, I do like yellow, and given a choice at the store or website, I will tend to pick kites that are yellow, or yellow in combination with other colors.

MATCHING

My first Rev was a 1.5 SLE. It was a gift, so I was happy with the color, it didn't matter innocent.gif

My next Rev was a B-series Full-Vent (Black & Lime) [Alright, I liked that] smile.gif

My next Rev was a B-series Std Sail (Black & Purple) [For some reason, that kite just didn't look right in the sky(?) to me] huh.gif

My next Rev was a B-series Mid-Vent (Black & Lime) [Alright, now that looked more like it, again] smile.gif

My next Rev was a B-series Std sail (Black & Lime) [Voilà! My set was now complete, and matching] smile.gif

Different strokes for different folks............It's definately a personal thing ! Do what feels right to you !

My sets all match. The vast majority of my kites are red and black. My Rev indoor and my rev 2 that I fly indoors have the same panel layout and colors. My custom full sail and full vent B's match, and my current set of B-Pros match but with different colors than the rest of my kites. I do have those outliers as well. But, yes I like my red and black matching kites.

Mixed....except for a hot Sedgwick 1 and 2 (like the one...1991...in timeline at top of page...). These were NOT bought as a set or meant to be a match or set....lucked out on the 2....so I`m not counting them as a "set" although they do "match".

bt

How sad am I I even buy the sets that match the team sets. I like flying Rev's so like to get a set myself so I can fly any time. Also it means my son has a set to use that the team doesn't subsidise.

Simon of The Flying Squad.

MATCHING

My first Rev was a 1.5 SLE. It was a gift, so I was happy with the color, it didn't matter innocent.gif

My next Rev was a B-series Full-Vent (Black & Lime) [Alright, I liked that] smile.gif

My next Rev was a B-series Std Sail (Black & Purple) [For some reason, that kite just didn't look right in the sky(?) to me] huh.gif

My next Rev was a B-series Mid-Vent (Black & Lime) [Alright, now that looked more like it, again] smile.gif

My next Rev was a B-series Std sail (Black & Lime) [Voilà! My set was now complete, and matching] smile.gif

Different strokes for different folks............It's definitely a personal thing ! Do what feels right to you !

I suppose I should clarify my previous response. When I said "Matching", earlier, I was referring to kites of the same model, such as the B-series, that are available in std, mid-vent & full-vent. As for completely different models, such as Rev I's, Rev II's, etc, the more variation (Mixed), the merrier !! blue_biggrin.gif