Rev2 Handles

mdilucca

Is there a difference in the angle of bend between different lenghts of handles?

I made two sets no snag , the same lenght as std. B handles and bend out of 3/8 alum. bar stock with foam grips used in fishing rods from Jan-net. Holes drill through the ends on an angle and deburred. Leader is larks headed and covered with the soft plastic end caps. Working well so far.

The ones I modded, can I call them "Rob-No-Snags"?, worked a treat. After an hour of flailing about with my new B2 there wasn't any fraying or whiskers at the handle/leader attachment point. I was very happy about that. The whole process was a bit involved but the result was pretty good. Already planning a mark 2 version.

Rob

post-3936-13440170502668_thumb.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

• 1 month later...

Only thing I see with that, is the drilling could leave a sharp edge that will cut into your leaders! Stone in Shoe's method works plenty well and holds up over the long term!!

After a month of fairly constant use, one of the leaders (left hand brake) is starting to fray.

Going to de-mod both brake tips to Stone in Shoe Bob Method. Hopefully the tops hold out as I've grown accustom to the No-Snag feel on my thumbs.

Rob.

• 3 weeks later...

Fail fail fail!

After the last 3 kite sessions on the B2, all above 30km/h, the LHS top attachment point started to fray. I'm not going to risk it cutting while the kite is in the air. Put the hog clips back on the top and will mod the bottoms this week. I finished flying with my 13's. They weren't as twitchy as when I first used them for my B2.

Was a good experiment.

Rob.