Indoor tutorials

KiteLife

Looking forward to it John. One thing with the Indoor Rev that I still can't do it at all is the reverse up and over, where you put the indoor in reverse horizontal path and bring it up over your head. I assume that'll be covered as well?

And also btw, my Indoor Rev comes with race rods instead of the rods labeled "Indoor". Will that make this move harder? My default brake settings are the 2nd knot from the last (top leaders), stock 13" indoor handles.

-Darryl

Looking forward to it John. One thing with the Indoor Rev that I still can't do it at all is the reverse up and over, where you put the indoor in reverse horizontal path and bring it up over your head. I assume that'll be covered as well?

And also btw, my Indoor Rev comes with race rods instead of the rods labeled "Indoor". Will that make this move harder? My default brake settings are the 2nd knot from the last (top leaders), stock 13" indoor handles.

-Darryl

The reverse up and over's as well as tuning will be covered in future tutorials.

As for your rods, you probably bought your rev indoor during Rev's indecisive phase. The rods are identical to the regular indoor rods, but were made at a time when the label for the rod was still changing. There are indoor rods labeled "race", "indoor", and even some without text in the label, but just the silver flames. All of these are the same as far as I can tell.

-Darryl

Not to worry! They are Indoor spars! They just used the Race label.... :confused!:

What? Where? What bar? You know I need help to find out what's where! :kid_loved:

To have a subscription bar on Youtube, you have to register an account there, and log in each time you visit (or set it up to stay logged in, if no one else uses your computer).

To see JB's newest offering automatically, you have to "subscribe" to 'kitelife' (JB's account-name on YouTube).

Here's how: Any time you are watching a video on YouTube, there is a link offering to let you 'subscribe' to that particular YouTube poster's 'channel'. All this means is that when they post a new video, you will see an indication on your YouTube home page.

(You may even be able to set it up so you get an email when they post a new video - useful if you don't visit YT very often.)

I'm also doing a total rebuild on LearnKites.com (which is why I've been a little quiet about this), hoping to have it online within the next day or two.

It will have all the free tutorials (direct YouTube viewing, info and subscriber download links) and premium tutorials (info and subscriber download links) listed together for convenience and easy browsing.

Stay tuned. :)

Hey John, thanks for visiting the house today and showing me how to fly an indoor Rev!!!

Your videos are getting better all the time. Couple of questions 1) Looks like 10 ft lines ... yes? 2) What did you do to the bottom tips on the sail ... where they're chopped/squared off!! 3) Why the white tape on the handles ... they do help some with the visualization. 4) You recommended using the last knot on the handles. That would make the difference between the top and bottom lines (leader + line + pigtail) about 7" as measured on my set-up ... sound about right?

Cheers,

Tom

Bottom tips, just folded back, they've stretched enough that I just like 'em out of the way... Aesthetic only.

White tape, I just did a quick mod on my handles to smooth things out (lighter leader material, less snag, etc), do what works for you.

Knot recommendation, it's just a "base" starting point for brand new (stock) Indoor Revs... All the pro fliers I know use WAY more brake, more than is available with the stock Indoor kit... Watty's differential for example, between top and bottom (leaders/rigging included) is 12" overall, and he's using 13" outdoor Pro handles.

I'm still using the indoor handles, but I'd guess my differential is very, very close to the same.

I'll do a tuning tutorial that covers what some of the "pros" use, and mods that make it possible, as well as the theories involved. ;)

Thanks John.

I thought maybe the white tape and white shoes were to help with the visualization!!! The slow-mo at the end of several of the videos was very helpful ... I liked that.

Looks like 10 ft lines ... yes?

Cheers,

Tom

• 2 months later...