Smooth wind anticipation

PMartin

I live 90 minutes away from Lake Michigan. I can't wait for warmer weather. I want to ride my motorcycle to the lake with my new Rev 1.5 and see what it's like to fly in smooth wind. Well, smooth for Michigan. I have the fever...BAD. I'm trying to come up with a way to store my kite on my bike, sorta Rifleman style. I know I want to keep the kite bag opening DOWNWIND. A kite ejecting from a motorcycle at 60 mph will not end well. Unless it's a full vent ;).

I would try to get hold of sme plastic tube, like drain downpipe. You should be able to find some way of securing it.

Another thought, I have some tubes that are desiged for carrying fly fishing rods. I would presume that you might be able to buy similar. They have a padded lining and I would thik that it would be a tight squeeze for a Rev in there. However if it was taken out that would be just he job. Has a shoulder sling so you can wear it like a backpack.

Otherwise if you are going to weare a backpack while you are riding, get One with outer securing straps suitable to hold your protected Rev as well.

If you go for the backpack style dont forgret the Rev will stick up above your head, no going under low bridges. :kid_devlish:

Best of luck, let us know how you get on, both with the bike and the flying.

combining your ride with a cool compartment for your 1.5? a worthy new chip Foose project? http://www.chipfoose.com

Maybe call the rev factory first

and get a custom 5 piece leading edge and 2 piece down-spars,

adding some extra weight in ferrules, but infinitely more transportable

Still I like to see what Chip can do for you!