Portsmouth 2011

Felix

No problem .... Bad news I returned to my other sport on Monday and managed to lose my GoPro camera overboard .... :kid_cussing:

An excuse to buy a better one I guess!

Great vids, I think I see an insurance claim in the offing.

Oh and BTW, I'm not thinning on top it's just a trick of the light. But does anyone know where I can get a job lot of Grecian 2000

Sorry Mark I think we have more than enough northerners kid_devlish.gif

Isn't Hereford west of London and about the same distance south of Liverpool? Unless the reference is to Chicago (which is actually farther north than Denver, Colorado, but still well south of the UK).If this is the case, you are the northener! :exclamation::mf_seehearspeak:

Isn't Hereford west of London and about the same distance south of Liverpool? Unless the reference is to Chicago (which is actually farther north than Denver, Colorado, but still well south of the UK).If this is the case, you are the northener! :exclamation::mf_seehearspeak:

Even London is considered 'the north' for Jonesey. If he went any further south he'd be wading across to the Isle of Wight.....

Ben asked me to post some pictures for him as he is running late for his dinner with Queen Elizabeth, where he and Prince Phillip will likely trade fart jokes back and forth. The best thing about posting pictures for Ben is I can make up the stories! Ha!

As we can see in the first picture, Ben has decided to stop in on my own relatives, who look they are arguing over who will get the privilege of giving Ben a foot rub.

post-3-131473132208_thumb.jpg

Next up, it looks like Ben went shopping for something to cut thru the BS. I think this looks like an excellent choice though not sure how he will get it back in his luggage.

post-3-131473141237_thumb.jpg

Finally, here he is, dressed in what I know are his finest shorts, easily winning huge style points from Kate Moss for his dinner with HRH! Looking as handsome as ever in his spiffy iQuad jacket, I am sure the bag is a nice little gift of tea for her Highness. Surprisingly, he doesn't have his dressy pair of crocs on, but the cane looks like he's had some good use for it.

post-3-131473153722_thumb.jpg

Even London is considered 'the north' for Jonesey. If he went any further south he'd be wading across to the Isle of Wight.....

But of course what mr jones isn't saying is that he is in fact from Bristol which is north of London and not far from Herefordshire. Have you ever noticed how many toes he has?

At last, I've finally registered on the forum after being around for a couple of years and here's my first post:

Having met everyone I just wanted to add my appreciation for a great weekend.

I had plenty of (mostly successful) flying in the Rev arena and it was great having the opportunity to fly with all of you as well as people calling in a multitude of languages: French, Spanish even English at times (although I'm not sure how far north you have to go until English turns into another language matrix.gif )

The red face I have got is DEFINITELY from the sunny weather and not the momentary loss of concentration before the start of Saturday's Megateam Fly cool.gif .

I have also now seen how Sunday's 42 kite display looked to the rest of the world having been able to view Jonesey's great video (I tried not to be distracted this time, keeping my eye on the correct Red and Black kite,

especially when Steven H told everyone to look at the "boxed 20" "Kodak" moment in front of us. I maintained this "call" was for the to the crowd behind rather than flyers smile.gif ).

So, only another year till the next Portsmouth event but there is still this weekend to come and I hope to see some of you at Bristol in Ashton Court..

Thanks to All,

.... Deryk

At last, I've finally registered on the forum after being around for a couple of years and here's my first post:

Having met everyone I just wanted to add my appreciation for a great weekend.

I had plenty of (mostly successful) flying in the Rev arena and it was great having the opportunity to fly with all of you as well as people calling in a multitude of languages: French, Spanish even English at times (although I'm not sure how far north you have to go until English turns into another language matrix.gif )

The red face I have got is DEFINITELY from the sunny weather and not the momentary loss of concentration before the start of Saturday's Megateam Fly cool.gif .

I have also now seen how Sunday's 42 kite display looked to the rest of the world having been able to view Jonesey's great video (I tried not to be distracted this time, keeping my eye on the correct Red and Black kite,

especially when Steven H told everyone to look at the "boxed 20" "Kodak" moment in front of us. I maintained this "call" was for the to the crowd behind rather than flyers smile.gif ).

So, only another year till the next Portsmouth event but there is still this weekend to come and I hope to see some of you at Bristol in Ashton Court..

Thanks to All,

.... Deryk

Thank you for joining and thanks for just being there my friend.... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

• Like 1

Was a great weekend.

Thankyou to all the teams who turned up and suffered the poor flying of us mere mortals. Also thankyou to those who took the time to fly with us and call for us, probably some of the best fun of the whole weekend.

Probably lucky the licensing ended early at the pub, would have had less flying and not felt good. Although Gary did find a way round it, start earlykid_smartass.gif

Its about time we stop the multilingual calling....Saves time...and Mr Hoaths throath too !

Please....all learn to understand the international calls, makes everything much easier.

Just my opinion. kid_content.gif

Agreed and it also will stop me offending people with my poor Spanish and French. If people cant understand my calls in English i will just have to speak slower and shout louder until they understand me! :kid_smartass:

Agreed and it also will stop me offending people with my poor Spanish and French. If people cant understand my calls in English i will just have to speak slower and shout louder until they understand me! :kid_smartass:

That will cut out half the fun! The multilingual calls give the rest of us longer to work out which is the 'right tip' or 'clockwise'.... :kid_devlish:

But of course what mr jones isn't saying is that he is in fact from Bristol which is north of London and not far from Herefordshire. Have you ever noticed how many toes he has?

Hang on, I live in Herefordshire.

(quietly looking down and counting toes, yep, 6 on each foot. Sigh of relief, normal, just like other Rev fliers. :kid_devlish: )