Portsmouth 2011

Felix

OK chalk up another one. But I will want to renegotiate my accommodation if a discount ever materialises....

Ha Ha Ha, I'm sure that you will be able to persuade them... Presumably you cancel and book up at the revised rate <grins>

More importantly, will you fly?

Felix

I can see the importance of being local but I think it may be easier if more than one could take on such a role. I'm sure we would all offer support to this group where we can. I'm looking forward to seeing this develop over the coming weeks and coming to Portsmouth 2011.

OK, moving rapidly onwards we need someone to spec a PA and sound desk, provide it and run it on the festival days with radio mikes etc. subject to permission being given by the council via Gill at KSGB. I think that there are a couple of people who are used to doing this, Simon?

We need someone to record Halls of Residence needs as there is a point at which there would be a discount offered. The basic link I posted yesterday.

I will be away at Berck and Cervia over the next two weeks but will hope to keep in touch with developments in the meantime.

Felix

• 1 month later...

Update...

Please contact Gill Bloom asap via [email protected] regarding bookings at Rees Hall which is where many of the kite fliers stay. A reduced rate for participating Rev Fliers 'may' be available if the numbers are sufficient. <grins>

A small number of 'free' camp site spaces have been pre-allocated to the participating Rev Fliers. Again please contact Gill asap!

Issues relating to the arena and PA appear to be resolved so I hope that fliers who are intent on taking part will now make themselves known here.

Thanks

Felix

• Like 1

I am more than happy to help out as ground crew on at least One of the Days, looks like probably the Sunday.

Hi Chris,

Thanks, all hands welcome. Just need to get the fliers lined up now <grins>

Felix

Count me in Felix,and possibly 3 more from haven flyers

Thanks Daz. As I have said elsewhere, (I think) the actual number of fliers is not as important as to how we utilise the facility.

In Long Beach last August there was a good balance, over a number of days, between preparation for a large display interspersed with team Demos and the large display itself all in the one arena/field. At Berck, for the last few years the focus has been for sequences of performances through the afternoon in the main arena but with no 'realised' facility to prepare a large display. (It is no good attempting to rehearse in the main arena <grins>)

The potential at Portsmouth, as I see it, is for a large number of Rev Fliers to have the opportunity to fly together, as at Long Beach, but with a much larger audience.

Felix

• 3 weeks later...

Update...

Please contact Gill Bloom asap via [email protected] regarding bookings at Rees Hall which is where many of the kite fliers stay. A reduced rate for participating Rev Fliers 'may' be available if the numbers are sufficient. <grins>

A small number of 'free' camp site spaces have been pre-allocated to the participating Rev Fliers. Again please contact Gill asap!

Issues relating to the arena and PA appear to be resolved so I hope that fliers who are intent on taking part will now make themselves known here.

Thanks

Felix

Not many people have been in touch regarding the camping spaces/halls of residence - are any RevFliers interested?

There is a few from the North East for both camping and halls but we have not given specific reference as rev fliers, perhaps this is the case with others.

I too have applied for a camping pass but not as a "rev flier"

• 2 weeks later...

All

Those who have applied for camping passes should receive them in the next few weeks. If there is anyone who wants a camping pass and coming to Portsmouth (and have not applied already) then hurry up as we intend to release the reserved Rev flier camping passes in the next week.

For the Halls of Residence - well we have had three people interested - not enough to break into a discount band. We can extend the offer until the end of June after which we will have to let it go - so again please hurry if you are interested in this.

If anyone wants just a car pass then we need to have the vehicle registration number as well as your name - Email us

All

Those who have applied for camping passes should receive them in the next few weeks. If there is anyone who wants a camping pass and coming to Portsmouth (and have not applied already) then hurry up as we intend to release the reserved Rev flier camping passes in the next week.

For the Halls of Residence - well we have had three people interested - not enough to break into a discount band. We can extend the offer until the end of June after which we will have to let it go - so again please hurry if you are interested in this.

If anyone wants just a car pass then we need to have the vehicle registration number as well as your name - Email us

I wonder where all the fliers have gone? Maybe.... <grins>

Felix

Out of interest actually I don't have 2 cars, I only have 4. :kid_devlish: just seem to be good at sending things twice. Got another twice to go yet.

However I can only drive One at a time. Will probably be in the big Orange One this time.

. . . . .

. . . . .

Yes please add me to the list, email sent.