Portsmouth 2011

Felix

Gill Bloom has e-mailed me to say that:- 'the Council have agreed for "us" to use the the top half of the underused public car parking field (near the Queens Hotel) as a separate Rev field - which is great for you and us as it gives us both more space.'

Further details are to follow. I understand that, and I quote:- 'if there were sufficient numbers a discount should be available from the Halls of Residence. This would have to be organised by the Rev fliers'.

So who is in and is someone local able to step forward on the organisation front?

Thanks

Felix

• Like 1

Thats great news there will be space for revs. smile.gif

I will be attending and i think the majority or even all of Fusion will be there too.

I think that it is a step up from the provision that was made last year. I will avoid mentioning the 100 number but I know that the more the better...

Felix

So far,I think there is 5 attending from the haven flyers.I will let you know if this changes.As for the 100,it would be great to get that many flyers in one location,but let's see how many turn up,then go from there.Perhaps an informal fly together on the Friday,if people can make it

Well if you want folks to chime in Felix, I will be there at least One of the Days.

So far,I think there is 5 attending from the haven flyers.I will let you know if this changes.As for the 100,it would be great to get that many flyers in one location,but let's see how many turn up,then go from there.Perhaps an informal fly together on the Friday,if people can make it

I'll be there from friday to tuesday matrix.gif

Thanks for confirming! I hope that everyone will feel able to chime in quickly in order to generate momentum <grins>.

Felix

Thats great news there will be space for revs. smile.gif

I will be attending and i think the majority or even all of Fusion will be there too.

It was OK last year with limited space set aside for Revs. I hope that you can all attend as there is real possibility to do a UK version of the Long Beach achievement with a 'big' audience.

Felix

It's still 4 months away,and I am getting excited already.I am sooooo looking forward to some warm weather and rev get togethers,bring on the summer

All we need to do now is persuade some of our American and Japanese friends to make the trip... in addition to those in Europe, of course.

Felix

Would it be worth suggesting a keep sake of the rev event at Portsmouth. Tee shirts or a badge. It would probably require some expertise but dare I say any profits may be used to subsidise fliers costs. It would be great to get a step nearer to the magic grid and a small incentive may help.

• Like 1

Sounds good vince,and it is the 20th anniversary of the festival.Perhaps a combination of both

Having been through the hoops in 2008 I would hesitate in getting involved in such projects until it is clear that the level of participation is sufficient.

As I mentioned, it would be good if someone local to Portsmouth was able to volunteer to take on organisational/coordination matters.

We need a 'project manager'. I am not in a position to take on such a role.

Felix

Having been through the hoops in 2008 I would hesitate in getting involved in such projects until it is clear that the level of participation is sufficient.

As I mentioned, it would be good if someone local to Portsmouth was able to volunteer to take on organisational/coordination matters.

We need a 'project manager'. I am not in a position to take on such a role.

Felix

I can see the importance of being local but I think it may be easier if more than one could take on such a role. I'm sure we would all offer support to this group where we can. I'm looking forward to seeing this develop over the coming weeks and coming to Portsmouth 2011.

• Like 1

I can see the importance of being local but I think it may be easier if more than one could take on such a role. I'm sure we would all offer support to this group where we can. I'm looking forward to seeing this develop over the coming weeks and coming to Portsmouth 2011.

The more the better.

I hope that someone is able to take this on.

Felix

The more the better.

I hope that someone is able to take this on.

Felix

I have asked if a PA would be allowed... We will need communication on the field!

In order to get a discount at The Halls of Residence numbers will need to be presented.

Felix

• Like 1

Would be great to come Felix !!

I hope that all the recognised European Teams will be able to find the resources to attend this event.

If teams from further afield can also attend, so much the better.

Please see the following links to the places where many of the kite fliers stay:-

http://www.visitportsmouth.co.uk/site/where-to-stay/rees-hall-p11493

http://www.queenshotelportsmouth.com/

<disclaimer>

Felix

Front Cover of the April 2011 Newsletter of the Kite Society of Great Britain features a photo of the mega-fly with the caption inside of "The People are Back Revolution Fliers at Portsmouth 2008— returning for a mega-mega attempt at Portsmouth in August"

Inside further information about Portsmouth states "One of the new events we have planned in conjunction with Felix Mottram and the Revolution fliers is UK record attempt similar to the fly in 2008. We have arranged a separate and larger arena for just this purpose, away from the normal arena space. So more space for all."

It seems that the expectations are high.

I will be there, I just hope that i am good enough or able to help out.

Cheers

Stephen

Front Cover of the April 2011 Newsletter of the Kite Society of Great Britain features a photo of the mega-fly with the caption inside of "The People are Back Revolution Fliers at Portsmouth 2008— returning for a mega-mega attempt at Portsmouth in August"

Inside further information about Portsmouth states "One of the new events we have planned in conjunction with Felix Mottram and the Revolution fliers is UK record attempt similar to the fly in 2008. We have arranged a separate and larger arena for just this purpose, away from the normal arena space. So more space for all."

It seems that the expectations are high.

I will be there, I just hope that i am good enough or able to help out.

Cheers

Stephen

Thanks Stephen,

So the field is there, there are details regarding PA and accommodation to be worked out but all we need now are the fliers!

Let's hear it from you all... [EDIT I just spoke to Ben and he is hoping to attend and sends his 'best wishes to everyone'...]

Thanks

Felix