*KITE SWIMMING???*

Hector Herrera

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like California beaches...ahhh ...nice.

Space Stations kite at the beach. (And into it.) B)

This guy Hector, really knows how to get some fun with his Home made kites. ;)

I have a question about that second picture. Did you get out of that :wacko: ? When I go nose first into the water it’s usually is a disaster. That baby just doesn’t want to back out. If you have a secret please share it with me as I love flying over and into the water. Sliding across the wind, upside-down, trailing LE dipping the water, throwing up that turkey tail is the best and fun to watch too. My favorite videos are of John B. playing around the water.

I have a question about that second picture. Did you get out of that :wacko: ? When I go nose first into the water it's usually is a disaster. That baby just doesn't want to back out. If you have a secret please share it with me as I love flying over and into the water. Sliding across the wind, upside-down, trailing LE dipping the water, throwing up that turkey tail is the best and fun to watch too. My favorite videos are of John B. playing around the water.

There is no secret about it, al you have to do is: teach your kite how to swim :lol: ...Nah...nothing like that,... disaster is always around when you do something like this, once the sea wave catches the kite it will try to pull it into or out the sea, and you want it OUT, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. In the second picture I was really braking the kite from going into the sea. It´s a matter of "going with the wave" and as soon as the waves releases the water from the kite, its time to shake the sand away, fly out B) and dry some. I recomend when the kite is in the water, WALK BACK, TO SLOWLY, PULL THE KITE FROM THE WATER. The water has the same effect on the kite as the wind does,...it´s just HEAVIER.

Don't forget to wash your kite with fresh water after your sea swiming encounter.

Héctor Herrera

I was having a nice Father's day, lobster and steak dinner at my daughters house. Then I remembered, She lives on the water and has a long dock and a camera! I also have a video of loosing it and taking it totaly under. I was able to recover and fly out. The problem was I was flying on a narrow dock and was on the edge of the wind so there was no steping back to be done. post-356-1182289262_thumb.jpgWhat a great day. Fun fun fun.

Fathers day lobster and steak dinner at my daughters house. Then I remembered, She lives on the water and has a long dock and a camera! I also have a video of loosing it and taking it totaly under. I was able to recover and fly out. The problem was I was flying on a narrow dock and was on the edge of the wind so there was no steping back to be done. What a great day. Fun fun fun.
water.jpg

Lobster,...Steak...daughter's love, kite flying...in the water...man...Mr.Denny...You are a truly lucky man. Congratulations. Super nice picture.- where is this at?

By the way, if you ever fly in that spot again, when you sink your kite, be with your belly on the front rail and you arms fully extended, ;) that will give you some space to back away and pull your kite.

Ohh..wait a minute... :o there is no front rail, nor back rail??? :( Just do me a favor, be carefull or you and the kite will be swimming togheter... :lol:

Héctor

NO rails but I can swim like a fishl. This is my daughters dock behind her house. Merritt Island Fl. I am sure I will fly there again as I had a great time and the grandbaby seemed to like it. The wind is normaly off the water which makes it a nice steady wind. It was blowing right down the dock with those short lines I was trying to show off right on the edge of the wind.

Ok, she swims now. Holds her breath for a long time too. I just figured out how to make it a net friendly file from the dvd format it was recorded in. Free software so this is a basic home movie. You have to remember the dock is only a few feet wide and I had to keep the lines over the poles.

Dipping the tips

Blooper (Kite hold breath)

Fathers day lobster and steak dinner at my daughters house. Then I remembered, She lives on the water and has a long dock and a camera! I also have a video of loosing it and taking it totaly under. I was able to recover and fly out. The problem was I was flying on a narrow dock and was on the edge of the wind so there was no steping back to be done. What a great day. Fun fun fun.
water.jpg

I have edited this 5 times trying to get the preview picture smaller. How do you do it?

I have edited this 5 times trying to get the preview picture smaller. How do you do it?

Is this what you want to do?

Try going down to the lower right corner of your edit window.

Click on Browse. Search on your PC for the picture and select it.

Click on UPLOAD. You will see the photo listed under "Manage Current Attachments (1) above the Browse button, but not in the edit window.

If you want add some text and click on "Add Reply" or if you aren't sure yet click on "Preview Post" where you still won't see the picture.

Only after you have added the reply you can see the reduced image on the forum.

Enjoy!

Ok, she swims now. Holds her breath for a long time too. I just figured out how to make it a net friendly file from the dvd format it was recorded in. Free software so this is a basic home movie. I don't know how to do the music thing yet, so don't make too much fun of me. You have to remember the dock is only a few feet wide and I had to keep the lines over the poles.

Dipping the tips

Blooper (Kite hold breath)

Those videos aren't bad. Ii would have probably done much worse on the flying part.

If you're using Windows Movie Maker, in that section where you can add parts of video into the project, it should say something about insterting audio or music.

Is this what you want to do?

Try going down to the lower right corner of your edit window.

Click on Browse. Search on your PC for the picture and select it.

Click on UPLOAD. You will see the photo listed under "Manage Current Attachments (1) above the Browse button, but not in the edit window.

If you want add some text and click on "Add Reply" or if you aren't sure yet click on "Preview Post" where you still won't see the picture.

Only after you have added the reply you can see the reduced image on the forum.

Enjoy!

Thanks JohnM. Your the man. I was linking to my server.

• 2 weeks later...
Ha! I never claimed to be a John B. or a John M. Just Mr have fun Denny. :P

Well done Mr. Denny, if it wasn't for the short space available for you to play with the kite, you would be a champion by now. Let me share some of mine along. It was in a lake I recently visited and I tought...why not? let's give it a try. NO FEAR.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...36974&hl=en

Hector Herrera

Mr. Guatemalan KiteFlier.

Hector,

That was great! You gave me the confidence to try it with your pictures. Why is so much fun to take a fine tuned flying machine and swim it? That is so cool when it pops out of the water. No fear! Constant movement and slow, slow, slow = fun, fun, fun. If you have wind near some calm water try it you will end up with a huge smile on your face the first time it pops out.

Denny

I'm totally amazed on Hectors Video he landed leading edge down and rotated the kite in the water to take off. That has to be a pond only thing the ocean would never allow that with moving water.

Now I have to find some fresh water with an open enough space.

You people are bad influences Keep up the good work ;)

I'm totally amazed on Hectors Video he landed leading edge down and rotated the kite in the water to take off. That has to be a pond only thing the ocean would never allow that with moving water.

Now I have to find some fresh water with an open enough space.

You people are bad influences Keep up the good work ;)

Surely The Mighty B does it in the video that comes with B-Series kites! Isn't that the sea? I would have thought the water would HAVE to be moving to allow the kite to "fly" at all.

Fraser

Surely The Mighty B does it in the video that comes with B-Series kites! Isn't that the sea? I would have thought the water would HAVE to be moving to allow the kite to "fly" at all.

Fraser

Haven't seen the video from the B series, But from personal experience trying to rotate a kite underwater in the moving ocean doesn't have very good effects it tends to get toppled in the surf.