New Date For Blossom Kite Festival - Sunday, April 10

jsking

First sunday fly on the monument grounds for our local club, great weather and huge crowds, none of the usual gang shows-up, so I went nuts chasing spectators all day. Luckily our office staff photographer came out can captured some the antics. I was finally chased away myself around 3:00 pm, it was so crowded I couldn't relaunch again after landing.

Here's some of Daniel's excellent work (along with Bazzer's!)

post-92-130200115297_thumb.jpg

post-92-130200117488_thumb.jpg

post-92-130200119468_thumb.jpg

post-92-130200121612_thumb.jpg

post-92-130200123468_thumb.jpg

post-92-130200125663_thumb.jpg

post-92-130200129773_thumb.jpg

First sunday fly on the monument grounds for our local club, great weather and huge crowds, none of the usual gang shows-up...

You _do_ know that that's because we were all visiting Dennis in the hospital, don't you?

Our office's staff photographer (Daniel Sone),

we work in the communications department for one of the big federal agencies together. He came down for a lesson on the quads, instead became involved with my chasing, antics & running commentary on the spectators.

PS: Daniel took over a thousand pixs at the indoor fly (NASM), . . . . I'm really looking forward to seeing a few of those!

BLOSSOM FESTIVAL IS ON!!! Just got the notice this evening: As of Thursday afternoon it was looking pretty grim. But through lots of negotiating and the City of Washington showing wonderful flexibility, both the Festival and the Parade WILL happen. The Festival still is in same place on Pennsylvania Ave between 13 and 19th street.

National Cherry Blossom Festival

Jeff, if you follow that link it does say that the festival and parade will be held but the kite festival will be postponed (if there is a shutdown).

"In the event of a government shutdown, the Blossom Kite Festival and performances at Sylvan Theater on the Washington Monument grounds will be postponed."

-Alden