Running Before One Can Walk....

Fraserx

I can imagine, Jim.

I'm very new to the whole lite thing actually and only had Revs for a few weeks, so I know it's a daft idea. But there's a great deal going in a UK store, so I'm SORELY tempted.... LOL

Fraser

Fir "lite", read "kite"!

The Blast was my 1st kite Tim the tool man i am. Had to have the biggest. Took a long time for me to even get it off the ground . Went for an EXP to learn on and that worked. Fun kite to fly and takes a real beating as a new bee.

Now back to the blast i have broken the original lines because the kite pulls like a monster. After learning more on how to dump the wind when it pull hard its a joy to fly. and will do any thing a rev can do Haven't flown a 1.5 yet but will soon. If your looking for a recommendation I love mine..

The Blast was my 1st kite Tim the tool man i am. Had to have the biggest. Took a long time for me to even get it off the ground . Went for an EXP to learn on and that worked. Fun kite to fly and takes a real beating as a new bee.

Now back to the blast i have broken the original lines because the kite pulls like a monster. After learning more on how to dump the wind when it pull hard its a joy to fly. and will do any thing a rev can do Haven't flown a 1.5 yet but will soon. If your looking for a recommendation I love mine..

Ha ha! Oh dear - that's me one step closer......! :)

the blast is a great kite for a wide windrange . i like flying mine in light winds . it does killer side slides and it hovers better then any rev ive ever flown

Really? So it's not just a spreed-freak kinda thing for big winds and stuff? Hmmm.

So what does it do that a B-series won't?

Really? So it's not just a spreed-freak kinda thing for big winds and stuff? Hmmm.

So what does it do that a B-series won't?

it's fast, it's slow, it will pull you across the field. the blast has great low wind flyability but dont underestimate the fact its also a power kite.

You want something that has sick floats, speed... if you have stones, and tons of power? Get a Powerblast ;) Man that thing rocks.. it scares me everytime I set it up

Quad I love my Power Blast 2-4, I got mine 2 weeks after my first Rev EXP LOL the owner of the kite store thought I was a maniac (he wasn't far off).

Its by far one of, if not my favorite kite I learned allot flying it in almost Zero wind and I still laugh like a little kid when it drags my 300lb carcass around in 8+ mph wind.

Defiantly not for the faint of heart. I can't wait to get a 4-8 :D

Here is one on 45ft lines when i got tired of flying the SUL in 2-3 mph wind.

post-1201-1182066243_thumb.jpg

Sheesh - these power-series models look amazing, don't they? :)

They get pretty big as well, I'm 6 ft 1" (186 cm) and 300 lbs (135 Kg) and I get dwarfed next to a 2-4, if I ever get the 4-8 I'll look like a newborn.

I need to get a better camera phone or get a smaller digital i can carry in my bag, but you get the idea.

post-1201-1182070349_thumb.jpg

The Blast is A rev that can pick you up...... well it could probably pick me up (112 lbs. 14 years old). I haven't flown one, but I really want to. I don't believe this one is cheap though. From all the videos I've seen, it pulls hard and has great precission.

The Blast is A rev that can pick you up...... well it could probably pick me up (112 lbs. 14 years old). I haven't flown one, but I really want to. I don't believe this one is cheap though. From all the videos I've seen, it pulls hard and has great precission.

Well, I can't imagine I'll be able to resist the temptation for much longer, so if you ever come to Scotland Watty, you can put that to the test. LOL Not something I'm overly worried about thought - I haven't been 112lbs for about 30years! :lol:

I want to see John B. (or anyone other crazy soul) Dog Stake that bad boy [insert maniacal laughter here]. Flying with something that big right in your face would be something to behold.

Now you all have me considering this as a first rev too... though considering the nature of my wind out here (gusty and multi-directional) I am still better off with a vented.

Well, I can't imagine I'll be able to resist the temptation for much longer, so if you ever come to Scotland Watty, you can put that to the test. LOL Not something I'm overly worried about thought - I haven't been 112lbs for about 30years! :lol:

I live in Spokane WA, but if I'm ever out there for some odd reason, I'd be glad to let you know.

I want to see John B. (or anyone other crazy soul) Dog Stake that bad boy [insert maniacal laughter here]. Flying with something that big right in your face would be something to behold.

Now you all have me considering this as a first rev too... though considering the nature of my wind out here (gusty and multi-directional) I am still better off with a vented.

If I was given the opportunity, I would deffinately try it. I'll probably end up hurting my self though!

the blast is a great kite for a wide windrange . i like flying mine in light winds . it does killer side slides and it hovers better then any rev ive ever flown

I'd like to try it in August, I love to slide, upside down, better yet, and I get hooked on hovers.. :D

the power blast is great for a nasty hard pull but myself i like rev kite for tricks and precision flying so if i like the blast better then the power blast i have foil kites for the monster pull . the regular blast is nice for hovering and sidslides asa well as flight peformance in light winds i love mine and fly it all the time

the power blast is great for a nasty hard pull but myself i like rev kite for tricks and precision flying so if i like the blast better then the power blast i have foil kites for the monster pull . the regular blast is nice for hovering and sidslides asa well as flight peformance in light winds i love mine and fly it all the time

Yeah Ant, those sound like the reasons I've got in my mind too. Like you, I have a foil - a Flexifoil Sting 2.4 - which is SUCH a laugh in any decent wind, but I don't want that kind of experoence with a Rev. So it sounds like the "regular" Blast is the way to go.