Treasure Island 2012

stevepigeon

Hello Flyers,

We wanted you all to know that we are officially retiring as the Treasure Island Kite Festival coordinators . We have poured our hearts into creating what we believe is the best kite festival on the east coast. We wanted to take this time to thank those of you that helped up make TI what it is. We felt that TI 2011 was our best festival ever and want to leave on a high note.

We especially want to thank Pat, Donna, Claire, Delaney, Gary, Marvin, Susan and Sandy. We appreciate how hard you worked. It still amazes me that such a big festival was put on by just a handful of people. To my husband, no one worked harder than you and I look forward to just flying together.

We hope that someone will step up and take over coordinating the festival and keep it going. After all we do have the best flying beach in the world!

See you out on the beach...

Sherri & Steve

024_cry.gifcensored.gifani_wallbash.gifbye2.gif

Sorry to hear it guys, I'd agree that 2011 was the best TIKF ever (that I'd attended)...

I hope someone takes up the reins.

Ditto!

SAD News! sad.gif

...and a personal downer for my 2012 Wisconsin winter sanity!!!!! badmood.gifblue_sad.gif

Hi Sherri and Steve-

Thanks for the GREAT times and memories!! I've enjoyed every moment down there with you all.

Hopefully, someone will take it over. If that happens, we'll still be flying together down there for sure!!!! :)

Thanks for everything.

xoxo to you both and your wonderful family, too; especially Pat.

• 5 months later...

Steve and Sheri did a fantatic job with the kite festival each and every year, no doubt about it. It's a big task to put on a festival of this size every year and they did a great job.

The festival will take place Jan. 14 and 15 of 2012. It should have the same look, feel and fun as the previous years.

Looking forward to the sun/fun and flying in 2012!

Who will be co-ordinating the new TI kitefest in the Arnold's absence?

We all will have to assume that function, coordinating the festival long distance. What roles have you played in your own town's kiting activities? Any special skills you could offer? We don't need no stinkin' boundary lines, just a clean spot to go to the "can" and some convenient, cold liquid access. Music would be nice, but personally my family's flying into Tampa/St Pete. So I can't volunteer providing that necessary aspect of production.

I believe the Eastern League is still planning on doing their annual sport kite competition. Is there a beach permit process of which we all need to know about sherri/Steve?

We can always mega-fly quads and throw a bunch of SLKs into the air as a cluster fly. We will hang-out and share lively conversations as always, enjoying the weather and perfect beach wind too.

Barbara and I are going regardless, see you all there I hope!

-plm

Who's going to 2012 TI?

what can you contribute, . . . . funds, equipment, labor, logistics?

What do you want from the festival?

Please don't offer assistance and then make excuses about being a volunteer later-on though! We'll determine exactly what we want & then delegate a list of responsibilities. We can still do a kitefest the 2nd weekend in January on the gulf coast of Florida.

I'll ask the best gal in the whole world for help, but I need more details BEFORE I lovingly confront her about another kite festival she could manage (in her spare time HA!)

Hard to manage a large event with out people on the ground, in the area, that have community support or at least contacts. My hats off to anyone who can head up and run something like this, it is all consuming to be sure and all the while life is happening too.

Best of luck to this event as I have heard nothing but good from it.

BTW I will be down in Cape Coral in Nov, Thanksgiving week, with kites and will be lookin to fly at least 1 full day...

• 4 weeks later...

The Eastern League comp/festival is still going on with Terry Murray on the kitebus mic, weekend 14-15th of January. Barbara & I arrive on the 12th and depart on the 18th. Southwest Airlines was like $60 each way + free luggage besides!

We're staying at the Thunderbird Hotel, Barbara booked a kitchenette-equipped room overlooking the beach from the 3rd floor so I won't starve to death or miss her safety break signaling actions either. I can hardly wait to fly on that pristine beach again!

Mike Mosman's family arrives Friday, . . . .... Barbara & Cathy can shop at the farmer's market and attend craft-shows while their "boyz" are out chasing the wind.

Who else is going?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Gang,

So, Who is going to make it to Florida In January for TI this year?

We would love to see all the Rev Flyers again this time for sure..

Looks like the TISKK group has the Festival well in hand..

Wont be the same without Sherri and Steve at the helm, but we have to keep it going for sure..

Be nice to see Steve fly a kite at this one for sure.. kid_content.gif

• 1 month later...