The B2 in some good strong wind

kwmf

Well I've posted my thoughts on the B2 in low wind (http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/4781-new-b2-and-low-wind/), and now I've had chance to fly it in some good strong wind as well now. I guess my thoughts can be summed up by the words - new favourite Rev !!!!

The wind was around the 15mph mark, so I had both the full sail and the full vent up to compare. As is to be expected, the full vent is much smoother and more laid back in the same winds, but both performed excelently. Neither of these machines ever left me feeling like they were twitchy, unstable, out of control, too fast, etc .... on either 80' or 50' lines. Speaking of lines, the full sail on 50' of 90# line and a 3 wrap frame seems to show no sign of stress on line, frame or pilot control in 20mph wind. For a kite I've flown down in 2mph on the same line and frame, I'm seriously impressed.

I've actually spent most of my time on the full sail because of the massive wind range that it comfortably flies in. My girlfriend didn't like it when she flew it because she said it didn't feel like there was anything on the other end of the lines .... but thats the only complaint I've had, and I personally don't have a problem with that.

Flying the 1.5 B against it I can see that is a better platform for team flying, but for my solo flying the B2 is a fun factory that nothing else beats right now. This little machine as exceeded everything I was expecting in that kite and I'm super happy I got them.