Newport Kite Festival July 14-15th

fortflyer

Was wondering if anyone here was planning on going.

As it is now Unofficial from what I gather plans are underway to once gain make it an Official Kite Festival.

I live just nearby so I'm gonne be there with my brand new Rev 1.5 B purple. :)

-Out Sync

• 3 weeks later...

Well it is Official the Newport Kite Festival (July 14 - 15th) has been listed as such. Hope to see anyone that can make it, not sure what will be sanctioned for free flying areas yet but I'll be looking for anyone I don't know already flying a Rev.

If anyone here is planning on going PM me and maybe we can get together and terrorize and flat out have a great time quad style :lol:

Really wish I could make this one... Please, say hi to Kyle for me (event organizer / Jamestown Kites)... He's a good guy, I work with him a lot. :)

Will do, now if I can only get him to fly that B-series he has instead of hanging it on his wall like a shrine (so I can try it :P ) we'll be all set.

Thanks for editing the title John.

Really wish I could make this one... Please, say hi to Kyle for me (event organizer / Jamestown Kites)... He's a good guy, I work with him a lot. :)

John I talked to Kyle yesterday, He says to say Hey Whats Up! and also mentioned you should come anyhow :P* tell him to get his a** up here *

Well it is Official the Newport Kite Festival (July 14 - 15th) has been listed as such. Hope to see anyone that can make it, not sure what will be sanctioned for free flying areas yet but I'll be looking for anyone I don't know already flying a Rev.

If anyone here is planning on going PM me and maybe we can get together and terrorize and flat out have a great time quad style :lol:

Are you guys refering to Newport Beach, in California? :unsure::unsure:

Well another great year has passed in Newport Rhode Island ( sorry wasn't clear on that )

Lots of fabric in the sky, turned out allot better than expected with a new host this year. Congrats to Jamestown Kites for doing an excellent job.

Ended today with only a 10 kite Rev mega fly led by Scott Weider (a few fliers didn't have the confidence to participate too bad)

All in All was a great time, would have been nice to have more Rev Mega Fly's :angry:

Great Demo's by Scott Weider, Shawn Tinkham (maniac :lol: ^5), Art & Beth, Sue & Steve and all the others that made these 2 days great.

Special Thanks to Doug Coates for letting me try both the Reg and Vented B-Series, and to all those who showed up from across New England and beyond.