Kite Party 2011

Lauranyyfan

I grabbed this shot just as the field cleared, I-Quad at the bottom right and JB entered center stage to do a Demo :blue-cool:

post-1734-130007287387_thumb.jpg

Just as I grabbed the shot the power went out in our area and I couldn't post :kid_cussing: 3 hours later we were back again. A wind and rain storm went thru the south half of Oregon downing trees and power lines.

Back on thread :kid_smartass:

I loved watching the fun on the cam :blue-grin: Thanks to all that posted and to all that made Kite Party "KITE PARTY 2011"

Well I am glad I got to make it up there for one of the days. Rich, I really appreciated you letting me use one of your kites. It was a pleasure seeing you again. It was great meeting a bunch of new people, I had a really great time. It was awesome to see so many Revs and see some great flying. The Rev scene has such a good family. Ben I am glad that I got to see you. It was worth the trip out of bounds lol. John thanks for a few more tips on working towards landing the axel. Till the next time I see everyone. KP9 was great!!! If you're ever in NC hit me up and we can fly together. w00t.gif

And wearing an IKE shirt. Nice look, Laura! :matrix:

Hi Carolyn...

Wow...what a fantastic time. You definitely have to put KP on your "to do" list!

Funny thing, I wore the IKE Tee for the club photo and Scott saw me on the webcam with it and texted me wondering where my Riders shirt was! Lol... Good stuff all the way around.

More to tell later. Going to eat and then board my flight home:(. ... Wish it was a few more days!

Kiteparty, as it always has been for me, was simply fantastic.

Kinda weird being there Friday for the closed beach! Great flying with great people. A special nod to Rich and Laura for stepping into a spot for demos on the Saturday/Sunday! A big hug for TK for being able to carry on despite what was happening in Japan, tremendous strength! A big one for Willow too! It's one thing to be around us all the time with Steve but she came into her own with him away!

I'm already looking forward to Kiteparty 10 :-)

Hi All-

What a great time!

Thanks Dave. You did a great job, as usual :) . I am already looking forward to KP10!!!

It was a blast flying with old friends and new ones, too! The ladies' fly was a special event with some BEAUTIFUL kites; thanks, ladies!!! iQuad, thank you for the opportunity; it was a real treat to fly with you all; and, as always, a lot of fun!

It's such a beautiful place. The casual atmosphere of KP is just perfect for flying and relaxing.

If anyone is considering it, I can promise you that you won't be disappointed.

Carol and Dayton Dave, thanks for rides; it's always better when you are greeted by friends!!!

I do have some photos to share..... at some point ;) .

BTW, did anyone find and XL KP T shirt, either on the beach (by the wall where we walk onto the beach) or anywhere along the way toward the street? I can't find it (and it was for Scott, which is why I'm really bumming). I'm still waiting to hear from the hotel to see if it was left there.

Thanks again to everyone that helped make this an extremely awesome weekend!