Kite Party 2011

Lauranyyfan

Please be advised, to fly on the main fields you must be registered. If you haven't already, you can register here. (you need to be logged in/ member)

I am in the last phase of the name tags so the sooner you get me your name the better chance of having a "official name-tag"

I will be arriving Tuesday (late afternoon/early evening)

Thanks

MikeM

Brookings, Oregon

Well my trip to San Diego just got really messed up. They won't let me bring my kites on the plane so I am just going to be an observer if I make it out there. Pretty down about it. I love the marines but sometimes they just make things hard. Had to wake my wife up at 2:30 in the morning to come pick up my Rev kite bag. This sucks

One of the great things about KP is the possibility to fly OPK, most of the larger kite MFG are on hand with the latest and greatest for people to demo. So don't worry about not having your own kites, concentrate on getting to KiteParty and we will find you kites to fly.

Another thought is to ship your kites to Dave (714-642-4996) and have him ship them back after KP

Be sure to check www.kiteparty.com for details and to register to fly

And, thank you for your service to our country, looking forward to seeing you in HB

Hi Cass....

Yes it is... (SNA are the call letters or whatever they're called for John Wayne International)

SNA is derived from Santa Ana which is the closest larger city. The airport was for a long time called

Orange County airport. The name was changed to John Wayne Airport, I believe, in the late 70's.

Hmm, interesting idea. Anyone done this before?

I was considering driving down 'til I noticed today it may actually be cheaper to fly down, but then you have to deal with the hassle of packing up the kites into something the airlines will accept, renting a car, etc. I'm still not sure which might be easier/cheaper.

-Mike

Another thought is to ship your kites to Dave (714-642-4996) and have him ship them back after KP

<Sigh>

I've been to the last three, but this year it's not to be. sad.gif

Have fun, I'll miss everybody.

Same here!

But think of it in a Positive way... The GOOD NEWS: The IKEers will have the chance to get together and fly tomorrow (Sunday) in snowy Illinois, in the freezing (30 degree) weather, with forecasted cold and gusty winds! ...We won't get sunburned, won't have to deal with the irritating sounds of ocean waves, or get sand in our kite bags!

Disregard! ...That's really NOT positive at all, is it!? (Sorry I really tried!) censored.gifexcl.gif

See ya tomorrow! sad.gif

Same here!

But think of it in a Positive way... The GOOD NEWS: The IKEers will have the chance to get together and fly tomorrow (Sunday) in snowy Illinois, in the freezing (30 degree) weather, with forecasted cold and gusty winds! ...We won't get sunburned, won't have to deal with the irritating sounds of ocean waves, or get sand in our kite bags!

Disregard! ...That's really NOT positive at all, is it!? (Sorry I really tried!) censored.gifexcl.gif

See ya tomorrow! sad.gif

No Kory.......bummer......we'll miss you!!!!!!

No Jeff.........bummer......we'll miss you!!!!!!

Jynx........you won't be there either????? Bummmer........we'll miss you too.........Brat...................!!!!!

Sorry I can't make it to KP, again.

I have to study, because I have exams on both Saturday and Monday mornings for the two courses I am taking.

John that is a bummer that you can't make it there. I think while I am out here we need to try and meet up for dinner or something!!!

The weather report looks good through Monday the 14th. It calls for a possible shower on Saturday morning, but I wouldn't count on that as so many times those go around Huntington Beach.

Seems as though several are coming early. We're ready for a fun week.

The weather report looks good through Monday the 14th. It calls for a possible shower on Saturday morning, but I wouldn't count on that as so many times those go around Huntington Beach.

Seems as though several are coming early. We're ready for a fun week.

Hi Jim-

I should be flying with you guys by early afternoon on Thursday as my flight lands just before noon.

I keep saying this, but I soooooooooo need some warm flying!!! Willow's post on FB is brilliant:

post-2058-129945725435_thumb.jpg I think one of my Revs is buried under that!!! 11.gif

See you in a few days!

Hi Jim-

I should be flying with you guys by early afternoon on Thursday as my flight lands just before noon.

I keep saying this, but I soooooooooo need some warm flying!!! Willow's post on FB is brilliant:

post-2058-129945725435_thumb.jpg I think one of my Revs is buried under that!!! 11.gif

See you in a few days!

me to Laura. See you on the beach

Bazzer

Well our liberty limits have been set and sadly they are are about 30 miles short of Huntington Beach which is a huge bummer. I hope that everyone has a great time out there and maybe you all can get out to the East Coast and fly with me.

Hey there Louie!

Ooooooo that is sooooooo sad :(

could you give me a call when you get a chance? you can call me toll free at 866-ROKKAKU.

I was thinking if you could go.....then there would be no need to fly OPK! Lolly and I are looking forward to hearing from you! :)

T

We flew on the beach with Carol and Cass Pittman this afternoon. The wind was very strong, but we managed to have a great time. Will do it again tomorrow. Wind is forecast to be great.

Just one more day and i'm on the plane Jim!

See you on Thursday afternoon

Bazzer